[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6010, Response to Answer for Question #2

Taylor, Dakota dt264910 at ohio.edu
Mon Jun 18 22:49:02 EDT 2018

Samantha, I appreciate your honesty in your explanation of your personality strengths and weaknesses. This proves your integrity, which will be extremely helpful in your future as an administrator. Integrity will support your subordinates’ motivation toward your policies and expectations. This will also help support your weakness because your staff will want to collaborate with you as much as possible and that will in turn make you fill your needs (having people around you).

I believe you are exactly correct when you state, “I think that there are strengths and weakness to all peoples character traits and we would need to find a balance to  be a productive administrator.” Being able to balance strengths and weakness will add value to the job of a productive administrator.

EDAD 6010, Response to Answer for Question #2

“After completing the personal style inventory, I learned some interesting facts about myself. I feel that being an extrovert, it would give me some advantages in becoming an administrator. I feel comfortable interacting with other and I think it would make more open with stakeholders to hear their input  and ideas. A weakness that his character trait would make me vulnerable to would be having less independence or always feeling the need to have people around me. I don't really feel like I need to have people around me all the time but I feel like this could be a weakness for me. During the next two years, I need to work on being more independent and task-oriented. Another character trait that I learned about myself is that I am more of feeler than a thinker. I think this is a great personality trait to have because it means you care about other. But I also think that this could be a weakness as an administrator. There could be some cases where you need to stick to the rules and not make exceptions due to individual cases. Intrinsic motivation is the key to success is my mind. I like to feel productive and I think this would help me as an administrator. I will need to realize some people may need to be extrinsic motivators and i would try to push them to be more motivated by intrinsic reasons. I think that there are strengths and weakness to all peoples character traits and we would need to find a balance to  be a productive administrator.”

-Samantha Howell

Dakota Taylor

Teacher/Coach

(304) 208-0198