[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6010, Response to Answer Question #2

Dustin Tyler dustin.tyler at ccsd.us
Mon Jun 18 08:37:42 EDT 2018

*I really enjoyed reading about you Saretta and found it beneficial to read
your way of improving on certain subsets.  I learned more about you today
just by reading your answer. I always find it interesting when reading or
hearing about a situation where you are asked to come into a situation late
due to enrollment after the school year has started.  We had a similar
unsuccessful situation in our school district that didn’t bode well for
some staff members and students. It happened to be a quick change for some
of the teachers but it really took some time for kids to get used to a new
routine and a new teacher.   Your response spoke to me the most because I
am also a primary teacher at heart.  The idea of having conceptual skills
is very important. Attempting to be able to formulate ideas using abstract
relationships is key to understanding how a child’s mind works. “The key is
to build upon the strengths that you already recognize within yourself and
have the wisdom to admit your weaknesses”.  This was very well put I know
that I have already gotten better with this because now we are able to
reflect and dig deeper into what makes us, us.  Now that we have
specifically identified our weaknesses we hopefully turn them into
strengths. *