[Ous-lp-rp13] EDAD 6020, Answer to Question #1

Ian Snyder isnyder at minfordfalcons.net
Thu Jun 7 14:28:33 EDT 2018

            A series of rational, natural, and open systems must coincide
to ensure that the daily routines of the school day operate
properly.  Rational systems are more structured and formative that are
typically put in place by administration to ensure that proper procedures
are followed through. A rational system that I find important in my school
setting is the safety procedures. Student safety is one of the most
important aspects of a school system and the procedures put in place are to
ensure that everybody involved remains as safe as possible. If a process is
not followed through properly then the entire system could potentially face
the consequences.

            A natural system is more of a bottom up approach where as a
rational system is a top down approach. Natural systems provide less
structure and more flexibility for more input from the individual and not
the organization. At the beginning of the school year each department,
subject, meet as a team to discuss their goals for the school year and the
overlapping standards to guarantee that the proper material is covered
throughout the year. The natural system here is that each teacher is to
take what applies from the meeting and is trusted to make sure they cover
the appropriate material and prepare their students for the next year so
that each student is on task and each foundational block prepares them for
the next step in the building process.

            The system that might be the toughest on the school system
would be the open system. This system is where the public has the strongest
input and control over the organization. An example of this that my school
system recently encountered was during the election process where we were
in need of two new school board members. With two members retiring there
was a chance for the public to make a strong change in the individuals that
make some of the largest decisions in the school. This process allows the
public to voice their opinion in the school process by electing the members
that they share the common belief with.