[Ouretail] FW: Career and Internship Fair- opportunities for all Patton College majors

Williams, Lisa willial6 at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 8 13:28:04 EST 2018

Hi Everyone,

The Career Fair is next week.  There are some retail companies that will be represented.  See below and the attached for more information.

Cintas/Ares/Kroger/Buckle/Kohl's/Enterprise/Rocky Brand's (among others) will be at the fair, please see below :

Subject: Career and Internship Fair- opportunities for all Patton College majors

Wednesday, February 14th is our 2018 Spring Career and Internship Fair.  The attached document includes all employers registered for the fair (over 100 employers !!), in addition to listing their open positions, website, and majors they are recruiting.  I went through and highlighted those that specifically mention Patton College of Education (or I know to be appropriate) as an aid in prioritizing. Students still may have interest in other employers and should look at all employers and plan for who they'd like to talk with. I hope this makes it easier for your students to navigate the long list. This list will also post on the CLDC web page soon and is additionally available on Bobcat Career Link!

Here are the answers to some common questions we receive from students:

  *   The event encourages business attire. If they are in need of professional clothing, the CLDC does have a Career Closet. To use this resource, students must arrange an appointment at the front desk of the CLDC (533 Baker University Center).
  *   Students can come to Baker Ballroom between 10am-3pm, but we have noticed that employers pack up a little early (around 2pm) since student attendance decreases around that time. I would suggest that they come earlier if possible.
  *   Resumes should be printed to give to their interested employers. Hopefully the lists attached will help them gauge how many they should print.
  *   We do have an interview day on Thursday, so students may be asked to interview with an employer the day after the fair. Not all companies do this, but it is a possibility.
  *   We will offer LinkedIn professional photos from 11am-1pm on the 5th floor of Baker in the atrium area.
  *   There are opportunities for all Patton College majors! Some examples: camps and community centers; hotel and restaurant; counseling services; apparel and other retailers; parks (to name a few)

If you need any clarification, please let me know! I appreciate you sharing this and encouraging your students to attend next week's fair!

Jamie Dahl
Pronouns: She/her/hers

Assistant Director, Career & Leadership Development Center for
Hospitality, Merchandising, and Recreation
Division of Student Affairs and the Patton College of Education

Baker University Center, 533
1 Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

O (Baker): 740.593.1398