[Ouretail] AIU scholarship opportunity

Paulins, Ann paulins at ohio.edu
Thu Sep 15 07:33:10 EDT 2011

Greetings to RFPD students. This message is particularly aimed at students who are planning (or considering) studying abroad at the American Intercontinental University (AIU) in London (or the London and Paris program) in Summer 2012 or after...

The International Textiles and Apparel Association (ITAA) -- a professional organization that is primarily for educators (your faculty) in the fashion/apparel/textiles fields -- has a partnership with AIU in which a $5,000 UnDERGRADUATE scholarship is offered for study abroad.

Only ONE (1) student for a given university may submit application for the scholarship each year. The applicant must have endorsement of the faculty. that means if two or more students are interested, the faculty will review and select the one Ohio University applicant.

Students must be MEMBERS of itaa ($30) annual dues) to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.

The timeline for ITAA iis:
April 1 application due to ITAA
June notification -- generally summer students can be notified prior to the summer travel/study

My suggestion is, if you are interested...

1. Submit notification of intent to apply to OU faculty by February 15, 2012.
2. Faculty will notify student(s) of selection status by March 1, 2012
3. Student selected will need to JOIN ITAA ($30, itaaonline.org) and submit the application with faculty endorsement letter by April 1.

Please inquire if you have any specific questions.

I have spoken with several students in the past few days about study abroad to AIU, which is AWESOME!! I want all RFPD students to have equal opportunity and full information.  For study abraod -- it is worth planning ahead.

First and second year students may be interested in "filing" this information and planninng on a 2013 cycle. We have had OU students awarded this scholarhip in the past :-)

Dr. P
V. Ann Paulins
Professor, Retail Merchandising and Fashion Product Development
Chairperson, Department of Human and Consumer Sciences
The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education and Human Services
Ohio University
Grover Center E160
Athens, OH  45701

phone: 740.593.2880