[Ouretail] Career Opportunity for expereinced graduates

Paulins, Ann paulins at ohio.edu
Wed May 4 06:36:46 EDT 2011

Hello RFPD listserv folks,

I have been contacted by American Greetings regarding a career position that requries a bachelor's degree and AT LEAST THREE YEARS expereince.  (for those of you still at OU, consider this type of future opportunity!).

I would like to know of qualified and interested alumni, so please let me know if you are interested in this position:
______
American Greetings is seeking individuals that have at least 3 years of experience therefore, they must have some experience to be qualified.  We do offer relocation. The job description is below.

Title: Assistant Merchant Manager
Division: USGCD
Department: AG Merchant
Location: OH, Cleveland - World Headquarters

American Greetings has an immediate opening for an Assistant Merchant Manager located at our world headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio. The Assistant Merchant Manager is responsible for the development and execution of merchandising strategies to drive product assortment growth and attainment of Category Plan strategies. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of Occasion Plans specific to Everyday or Seasonal Occasions. Develops and manages to help consistently drive retail productivity for American Greetings' retail partners and to optimize AG profitability by effectively managing AG's space at our retail partners. Takes an active, significant role in projects and initiatives as a team-leader.

Experience:
- 3-5 years of prior retail/consumer product experience demonstrating ability to manage projects in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail is critical
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage cross-functional meetings toward reaching a set of objectives within a given timeframe.
- Ability to make sound business recommendations and decisions.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving and math skills.
- Ability to work in team environment as well exhibit leadership.
- Knowledge of AG products.
- Knowledge of advanced marketing principles.
- Excellent communication skills ' both written and oral.
- Strong PC skills to include excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.

Bachelor's degree required.

_____
I would like to offer recommendations, so please contact me if you have an interest!
Dr. P

V. Ann Paulins
Professor, Retail Merchandising and Fashion Product Development
Chairperson, Department of Human and Consumer Sciences
The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education and Human Services
Ohio University
Grover Center E160
Athens, OH  45701

phone: 740.593.2880