[Ouretail] More Information about NYC Fashion Week Study Tour

Paulins, Ann paulins at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 11 08:29:45 EST 2010

Hello RFPD students!
I am pleased to hear from many of you that there is strong interest to participate in a NYC Study Tour in February 2011 that would coincide with FASHION WEEK!  I have some additional details, which I know you have been eagerly awaiting...

By the way, this would be a 2-credit hour Study Tour Course; all students who participate would enroll in RFPD 420 "Fashion Study Tour" and would be expected to participate fully in all appointments, and complete an academic assignment associated with the travel experience.

Here are the exciting details (to date) about the study tour:
COST:  approximately $1,300-$1500 per student; depending on final number of participants and current airfare at time of booking

COST INCLUDES

 *   Round trip airfare between Columbus, Ohio and New York City
 *   Bus transfers between airport and hotel
 *   Hotel accommodations including baggage handling and storage
    *    4 students in a room with request for separate beds but no hotel guarantee
 *   Metro cards
 *   One group dinner
 *   Theater tickets  for a show to be mutually agreed upon
 *   TICKETS TO SOME FASHION WEEK SHOWS
 *   Appointments with NYC based fashion businesses
 *   Bus Tour of New York City

COST DO NOT INCLUDE:

 *   Personal incidentals
 *   Meals other than listed
 *   Airline baggage costs

TIMELINE
Because Ohio University has recenlty been afforded the opporutnity to move into an "OPEN" FASHION WEEK" tour, with tickets to fashion shows and the need to purchase airfare very soon, the timeline is very short.  Each participating student would need to submit a DEPOSIT of approximately $750 by December 1, 2010, with the remaining amount due by December 15.

So -- now that we have more details, I would appreciate hearing from those of you who are interested and expect that you will pursue this Study Tour, with the ability to make the payment deadlines.

Looking forward to hearing from you...
Dr. P