[Ouretail] Moochie and Company internship

Ann Paulins paulins at ohio.edu
Tue Jul 27 07:51:12 EDT 2010

Jackie Spray at Moochie and Company requested that I post the following:

Moochie & Co. Merchandising Internship

We at Moochie & Co. believe that every pet is a family member. Big or
small, feline or canine, furry or hairless, we are dedicated to finding the
best products to enhance their lives! Whether it's a stylish tank or collar
to show of their personality, a luxurious, comfortable bed, a new squeaky
toy or yummy treat, we want our customers to have only the best for their
pets!

Want to team up with us? We'd love to have you here! Here are some things
to keep in mind before you apply for our unpaid internship. Moochie & Co.
has a small home office located in Worthington, Ohio. Being the size that
we are will give you the opportunity to experience situations that you
would never encounter with a larger company! For instance, not only will
you interact with the CEO and Founder on a daily basis, you will also learn
the Merchandising role from a broader perspective, helping you to become a
better Buyer and professional business associate.

Responsibilities:
-	Learn the daily responsibilities of the Buyer, including working with
vendors, writing purchase orders, receiving merchandise and distributing
merchandise into the stores.
-	Research trends, current news and events within the pet industry.
-	Pull reports, tracking daily sales and processing data to know what we
need to buy or mark down at a store level.
-	Assist with ordering, receiving and distributing special orders from the
stores.
-	Assist with creation and organization of monthly window displays and
visual merchandising.
-	Process damages and discrepancies, making sure inventory is correct and
working with vendors to make sure credit is assessed.
-	Update our website's monthly marketing, Facebook and Twitter accounts
with relevant information, making sure our customers stay up to date with
Moochie news.
-	Attend meetings with vendors to view new products and discuss merchandise.

Qualifications:
-	Must possess a passion for pets
-	An interest in merchandising and an eagerness to learn
-	Strong analytical skills
-	Excellent communication skills
-	Must be a self starter
-	Professional attire and attitude – no surfing the internet, texting or
getting on Facebook during your time here unless it is work related!

If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Jackie Spray,
jspray at moochieandco.com

V. Ann Paulins
Chairperson, Department of Human and Consumer Sciences Education
Professor, Retail Merchandising & Fashion Product Development
Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education and Human Services
Ohio University
Grover Center E160
Athens, OH  45701

Phone: 740.593.2880