[Ouretail] internships at Atlanta Apparel Mart

Ann Paulins paulins at ohio.edu
Wed Aug 26 13:25:53 EDT 2009

I received this letter:

AMC, Inc. is pleased to provide students the opportunity to participate in
the AmericasMart® 2009 internship program. The Fall Internship Program
will be offered from September 8, 2009* until December 4, 2009. The program
is designed for students to experience and manage "real-life business
scenarios." The goal is to enhance a student's business acumen and increase
their professional value in the marketplace after graduation.

AmericasMart Atlanta is the nation's leading gift, home furnishings and
area rug marketplace and the largest trade mart/tradeshow complex of its
kind in the world. AmericasMart's specialty product attracts more than
548,000 attendees annually to its 15 markets.  Its product mix covers the
gift, home furnishings and area rug landscape, and also includes apparel
and fashion accessories product.
Currently, the Marketing team is seeking two interns with areas of interest
in Marketing, Special Events/Promotions and Public Relations. The Events
intern will assist the events coordinator in facilitating and managing
events/promotions for upcoming Markets, as well as supporting the everyday
tactics of the Marketing team. The Public Relations intern will support the
senior manager of media relations with daily initiatives, including
researching and building media lists, pulling media clippings, assisting
with press releases and press kits and researching publications relevant to
AmericasMart industries.
We are asking your help to get the word out to your students who might be
interested in an internship with the Marketing department at AmericasMart.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact me directly.
Candidates can send their questions and/or resume and cover letter to
Monique Sykes, Human Relations Generalist, at msykes at americasmart.com.
*We will continue to take applications for interns until we have secured
two positions.
Thank you for your time and assistance.
Best,

Tara Tuschinski