[Ouretail] Retail Professional Development Workshop

ma307606 at ohio.edu ma307606 at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 8 12:27:35 EDT 2009

Retail Professional Development Workshop

When? Saturday April 18th

Time: (10 a.m. to 1 p.m.) Lunch from 1 to 2 (2:00 p.m. to 4 p.m.)

Where? Workshop will be held in Grover W305 and lunch will be held in Grover W320

Dress Code: Business casual

Event outline: Throughout the event we will be graced with 3 industry
professionals: Molly Doyle, Bonita Wiseman, and Kathy Brown. They are dedicating
this Saturday to students within the retail field who are focusing on the buying
and selling of merchandise. If you haven’t had the opportunity to meet any of
these ladies, I HIGHLY suggest you make it a point to attend. This will not be a
stuffy event filled with speakers who are going to bore us to death! They are
really fun and extremely knowledgeable about the retail field. We will have the
opportunity to learn about:

•	Assortment planning
•	Financial plans
•	How to sell in an assortment
•	What the hot accessory trends are for Fall 09’
•	Resume building and interview tips

This is going to be an interactive workshop that was developed to help us
succeed in the retail world. They will be sharing their story of how they got to
where they are now and the adventures along the way. Also, they are not only
taking time out of their busy schedules, but are also offering to provide us
with lunch; therefore the event will be free of cost. Also, we are not having
box lunches, we will be eating pizza.

For those of you who are in The Sales Centre this is a once a year opportunity
for us to learn about how to apply sales specifically in the retail field. I’m
sure most of you are aware that we haven’t had this opportunity in the past. If
you wish for this to be an annual event we need to prove to them how important
it is to us with a high attendance rate.

Please RSVP to Dr. Paulins at paulins at ohio.edu ASAP

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me at
Malarie.F.Altier at gmail.com, I hope to see you all there!!!