[OUMRC] Meeting Recap

Stone, Todd stonet1 at ohio.edu
Fri Sep 6 20:23:48 EDT 2013

Great info, Tyler. Thanks!

From: oumrc-bounces at listserv.ohio.edu [mailto:oumrc-bounces at listserv.ohio.edu] On Behalf Of Tyler Brumfield
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 8:03 PM
To: OUMRC
Subject: [OUMRC] Meeting Recap

Thank you to those who were able to make it out to Wednesday night's meeting. I'm very sorry this is late, as it has been a very hectic week for me. Here's a few things that were discussed:
Parking

 *   This is a link to the rules Parking Services has set for motorcyclists http://www.facilities.ohiou.edu/parking/students.htm. I attended a meeting earlier this morning for Parking Services and went over a few of the rules that they have implemented for this year. I stressed to them that since these rules are so new and that there has not been much advertisement about them, that it would be unfair to continue to ticket offenders. They said that they would start giving out a few warning tickets until these rules can be shown in writing in the designated motorcycle areas. I also talked to them about how pricey it is listed to have a bike under the residential category ($200). They compared the motorcycle to that of a car, and is therefor a vehicle, making it fair to everybody. This is the way it has to be for now and how they want it to happen, but is something that could possibly be reassessed in the future if we are to speak out about it and meet with them once again.
 *   There has been a rule change this year as well. It used to be that you were not allowed to park your motorcycle at a metered spot through the university, even if one were to put change into the meter. This year, you are allowed to do so, as long as you put time onto the meter. Also, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A KICK PLATE, especially on asphalt. Not having a kick plate while parked in these spots can still get you a ticket.
 *   Parking Services wants all motorcyclists to register their bikes through them, just to have you in their system and in case any issues were to come up in the future. You can do so by following the link above and clicking on "register a student vehicle or motorcycle," just under the first paragraph, or you can go to their office located on 100 Factory Street, Athens, OH (just down Union St.).
 *   There is a difference between University parking & City parking. The city of Athens does have a few motorcycle spots located throughout the town (the big one is by Copeland Hall). If you wish to park in these spots, you must get a sticker for your motorcycle at the City Building (located on Washington Street, in between Court St and College St). Just walk through the doors and go to the windowed-desk on the left, and make sure you bring your registration.
 This Weekend

 *   Some people are wanting to go on a ride this Saturday (up 78 then down 377, up near Bur Oak Lake). This is ok, but this is NOT AN OUMRC EVENT. There are a series of waivers and forms that still need to be filled out (which will be done soon) before sanctioned events can be official through the organization. Consider this an activity a group of random people are wanting to take part in and put together, but not an event through the organization. I believe those who are taking part are meeting tomorrow (Saturday) at noon at Athens Sport Cycles.
Officers

 *   Officer positions were selected as well. Programmer (Geno Donatell), Treasurer (Chris Partlow), and Secretary (Spencer Camp). We are still in need of a Safety Officer, so if you're interested, please let me know.
Facebook

 *   If you have Facebook, please like the page, "Ohio University Motorcycle Riding Club." Photos and information will be posted throughout the year.
 *   If you haven't yet, please search for me on Facebook and add me as a friend (search "Tyler Brumfield," I shouldn't be too hard to find). I will then add you to the OUMRC Facebook Group, which is a more member based place to distribute information amongst fellow members. If you have any trouble finding me, let me know.
 *   There is a contact sheet on the Facebook group page under "files." I also attached a copy to this email. Please make sure your information is correct.
Miscellaneous

 *   I will be leaving paper slips on motorcycles all throughout campus advertising our organization, so if I happen to leave one on your bike, I apologize.
 *   If you know anybody else who rides who may be interested in joining, let me know.
 *   For those of you who do not yet have their bikes on campus, please stay in the loop and keep yourself updated on everything until then.
 *   If you ever wish to send out an email to the whole organization like this, please send it to oumrc at listserv.ohio.edu<mailto:oumrc at listserv.ohio.edu>
 *   I have attached the Constitution & By-laws. Please give that a look and save it. I have also attached a member contact sheet, once again (note that the officer section needs updated, which will be done soon).
 *   I am also looking into the idea of having shirts created.
 *   If you have any other questions, please contact me.

      Again, sorry for how late this is, and safe riding this weekend,

Tyler Brumfield
President, OUMRC (Ohio University Motorcycle Riding Club)
VP Recruitment, Sigma Phi Epsilon (Ohio Xi)
Scripps College of Communication, Ohio University
Phone: 614-557-1120
Email: tyty3400 at yahoo.com<mailto:tyty3400 at yahoo.com>