[OUMRC] Updates

Tyler Brumfield tyty3400 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 00:25:45 EST 2013

Hello to you all, hope this semester is treating you well so far. Just wanted to inform you guys on a few things that's going on at the moment.

At the last meeting (which occurred on January 22nd, I apologize that this is a bit late), Professor McCarthy's memo was discussed and clarified a bit more. It was explained how motorcyclists would get more attention and recognition through this plan because we would be paying a small fee to be parking. Also, we were kind of stuck between whether riders would prefer to have a sticker or a type of tag to be hanging off of the bike (for registration purposes), or maybe a type of combination? Again, details are not too great at the moment. This is all still in the works and in the process of being written up, so your feedback is greatly appreciated to help make improvements on it. Once again, the document can be found on the facebook group page under "files". If you wish to give feedback (which is being asked for, Professor McCarthy really wants to hear what you guys have to say, especially coming from the perspective of a college student) or have any
 questions about it, please contact Brian McCarthy at mccarthy at ohio.edu.

Also at this meeting, we did select a date we liked for an event we would like to hold called a "Gear Night," being February 20th. Because of the weather still being cold and depressing, this being sent with some short notice, and a room that I have yet to find to hold such an event, it is likely that this event will be postponed. Gear Night is an event where members come together and show off the motorcycle gear that they have. Everybody will have different gear accommodating to their different riding styles and how it appeals to them, so it was thought that members could learn from one another about all the different gear each person has. It would work out to also be a meet-and-greet session of all the members involved in the organization as well. I hope this is something that interests all of you others out there too that have not been heard from. The more people that can show up to this event, the better, being that more items will be shown and more
 members will be there to meet the other members. Stay posted for updates on this event, for it is likely to be extended to another date and time.

I had a design company reach out to me recently telling me a little bit about what they do so I'm going to try to work out a shirt design with them. I'll keep you all updated on that.

Though the weather sucks and riding is not much of an option, the springtime approaches and I want to be ready for it. This is a young organization and still has yet to be heard of throughout campus so I'm confident for what the future holds for us. Stay patient and be prepared for what is to come. I know we're all busy with classes and other extracurriculars (including myself), but I'd like to see as many of you be involved as much as possible to make this become a well-known and successful organization. I thank you all for your interest in the organization you have shown already and hope that this spring has something good in store for us.

Best,

Tyler Brumfield

President, OUMRC (Ohio University Motorcycle Riding Club)
Sigma Phi Epsilon, Ohio Xi
Scripps College of Communication, Ohio University

Phone: 614-557-1120
Email: tyty3400 at yahoo.com