[OUMRC] Updates from last meeting and then some...

Tyler Brumfield tyty3400 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 06:31:03 EST 2012

Hello all,

Apologies that this is so late, but I've been caught up with work lately and still have yet to adjust to this semester thing. Anyways, I just wanted to update you guys on a few things before the semester ends.

First off, I created a member contact sheet that can be viewed on the facebook group page under the 'files' category. If there are any errors in the info that is shown, please contact me. If you wish to be removed from the list or have any other issues, please let me know as well. I've also posted the constitution and by-laws in the same place in case you ever want to go back and refer to it for whatever reason. Second, I have also created a list serve for the organization. The first one I attempted to create was a complete failure but I assure you that this one is legit and will fit all of our needs. If you ever wish to send out a mass email to all members of the club then send your email to oumrc at listserv.ohio.edu. Even if you do not have plans to do this anytime soon, I still suggest you add this to your email contacts.

A lot was discussed at the meeting that was held about 2 weeks ago. There were a bunch of event ideas along with good bike routes that were discussed and talked about as being something of interest. As of now, there is nothing that has been officially planned and dated yet. I will be meeting with a few people to discuss this matter and see what dates what might work best for certain events. Events will be posted on the facebook group page under 'events' but members will also be notified via email as well about them.

I have scheduled the next meeting to be January 22nd (Tues.) @ 6pm in Copeland 118. I plan on this meeting to be mostly for event planning and ride dates to be discussed, which is why I have it set so early in the semester so we can be prepared for what is to come. I understand a lot of you are busy with school, including myself, but if you cannot attend please let me know personally. It's difficult for me to have to hunt you down one-by-one and ask each of you if you can go so just please quickly shoot me a text or email letting me know your answer.

I am aware that most of all of you are busy with school (or work) along with other things you may be involved with, as I am in the same boat. Scheduled rides and events are going to be open for VOLUNTEERS ONLY. Don't feel ashamed if you can't make most of all of these events, if any. Just being a known and willing rider who's on the contact list is good enough to be a part of this organization so do not think otherwise. These rides/events are going to be there to help you become a better rider and expose you more to the biker world along with the opportunity to meet/bond with other fellow riders and members. Feel free to contact anybody on that list about any questions you may have or to even simply go on a little cruise, that's what this whole thing is about! Also, if any of you know anybody else who may be interested in joining, please contact me so I can add them to the contact sheet and throw them into the loop. If I put a slip of paper on your bike
 advertising this organization I apologize ahead of time. I've been doing this around campus and plan to continue to do so and I don't have everybody's bikes recognized so please do not get angry. Keep checking in to the facebook page every now and then and look out for future emails I might send out regarding event info.

Happy studying, good luck on finals, and have a wonderful holiday!

Tyler Brumfield

President, OUMRC (Ohio University Motorcycle Riding Club)
Sigma Phi Epsilon, Ohio Xi
Cell: 614-557-1120
Email: tyty3400 at yahoo.com
Ohio University Email: tb245910 at ohio.edu