[OUCTM-Listserv] An invitation to the Seventh Annual Appalachian Ohio Mathematics and Science Teaching Research Symposium

Sturgill, Derek ds278604 at ohio.edu
Mon Sep 12 13:29:45 EDT 2016

Dear Mathletes,

Registration is now open for the STEM event you've been waiting for:  The Seventh Annual Appalachian Ohio Mathematics and Science Teaching Research Symposium-or as we now call it-AppO MaSTRS 7-is taking place on Saturday 24 September.  Below are the details:

AppO MaSTRS 7
Saturday 24 September 2016, 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Morton Hall 237, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701
The Incalculable Value of STEM

AppO MaSTRS 7 is intended for all mathematics and science pre-service and in-service teachers, school administrators, university and college faculty, and all others interested in STEM education.  This year, we are excited to welcome Dr. Kim Yoak, Executive Director of the Ohio Council of Teachers of Mathematics, as our morning keynote speaker.  The afternoon keynote session will feature an outstanding science teacher (TBA).  The day will include concurrent sessions on a variety of STEM topics and time for networking and conversations.  Attendees are encouraged to make 20-, 30-, or 50-min presentations on a STEM or STEM education topic of their choice.  This is a great opportunity to meet people and reunite with friends and colleagues.

Registration is FREE.  Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.  Parking is FREE; no parking pass is required.  If you haven't registered yet, you can click here<https://ohio.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cG5RsqkJ1otBval> or go to: https://ohio.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cG5RsqkJ1otBval.  The registration link is also available on the CAT webpage: http://www.ohio.edu/education/college-offices/office-of-the-dean/morton/cat.cfm.

A flier for the event is attached.  Please help us spread the word.  For questions about the symposium, contact Mary Harmison<mailto:harmisom at ohio.edu> (740-597-9006) or Courtney Koestler<mailto:koestler at ohio.edu> (740-593-0118).

Have a wonderful day!

Derek Sturgill