[OUCTM-Listserv] OUCTM Meeting Thursday

Witte, Emily ew967712 at ohio.edu
Sun Mar 15 19:24:00 EDT 2015

[cid:cee943ff-6448-46a4-a346-a4c0ec314448]

Hey Mathletes,

This Thursday we have a very special meeting planned for you all.  Dr. Hoyun Cho will be coming to speak with us about using cartoons in mathematics teaching and learning.  Cartoon problems have no standard solution method and often have high cognitive demand, which can increase student engagement. We will discuss different types of cartoons and try some cartoon problems. We will also learn how to use these mathematically rich problems as a basis for classroom discussion and formative assessment, which can lead to meaningful connections.

The meeting will be Thursday,  March 19th, from 6-7 pm in McCracken, room 234.

Hope to see you all there!

Emily Witte

OUCTM PR and Outreach Coordinator