[OUCTM-Listserv] Hello and position opening

Matthew Kennedy mkennedy at torahacademy.org
Mon Mar 9 19:26:17 EDT 2015

Hi All,

My school is looking for a part time upper school math teacher. Are you or
do you know someone who might be looking for a position?  Below is the
advertisement. Please feel free to pass it on to anyone who might be
interested. Also, I am happy to discuss what it's like working at my school
with any interested candidate. I would love to have a new colleague!

OCTM rocks,
Matthew

Part-Time Upper School Math Teacher

The Columbus Torah Academy in Columbus, Ohio (www.torahacademy.org), is
looking for a part-time Math teacher for the 2015-2016 school year. CTA is
an independent dual curriculum college prep school with approximately 80
students in the Upper School (grades 7-12). Our classes are small, and our
teachers enjoy getting to know their students well.  The school is located
on the east side of Columbus on a private campus with over 40 acres. CTA is
accredited by ISACS; 100% of our graduates attend college, (either 2-year
or 4-year) and the vast majority of students come from families with
college-educated parents.

The position open is for 3 Upper School math classes. The specific courses
are likely to be Algebra I, Algebra II with Trig and possibly either
Pre-Calculus or Statistics. There may be some flexibility, depending on
applicant's area of expertise and experience.

Desired Skills and Expertise:

College degree (BS or BA) required in a Math related field

Experience teaching adolescent students in some capacity

Solid communication skills

Team player attitude

Comfort with online resources, online grading, and other electronic
educational tools

Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume and references to
Mrs. Eliza Delman, Upper School Principal at (edelman at torahacademy.org).
Columbus Torah Academy is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to
promoting diversity in the workplace and strongly urges all qualified
individuals to apply.

Matthew Kennedy, PhD.
Science and Mathematics
Columbus Torah Academy
mkennedy at torahacademy.org
614-864-0299, ext. 317

Our greatest glory is not in never failing,
but in rising up every time we fail.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson