[Ouctm-l] OUCTM Meeting 10/16/12

Miller, Aaron am203008 at ohio.edu
Tue Oct 16 00:20:43 EDT 2012

Our next meeting is tomorrow, Tuesday, October 16th at 7:30pm in McCracken 234. Dr. Allyson Hallman-Thrasher will be giving a presentation on mathematics at the middle-school level with applications for students at many different levels.

This is Dr. Thrasher's first semester here at Ohio University and is a welcome addition to our mathematics and education departments. We hope everyone who can attend will be there for her presentation.

Also, just as a reminder, the OCTM conference is later this week. If you want to carpool to Columbus, let us know! It's free if you joined OUCTM and paid your dues already, otherwise it's $5. Don't miss this wonderful opportunity, especially since the conference is not too far from Athens!

Finally, just as another reminder, if you would like to take advantage of NCTM's limited-time offer to become a member of NCTM for free, please bring your membership and $20 dues to the meeting. This offer expires in a week, so we must have your information in order to send it to NCTM. That means $20 in dues gets you a t-shirt, membership to OCTM and membership to NCTM. NCTM has never done this before, so please take advantage of it while you can!!!

Hope to see you all there. If you have any questions, please email me at ouctm at ohio.edu