[Ouctm-l] Fwd: Release of Common Core State Standards (CCSS)

Klein, Bob kleinr at ohio.edu
Wed Jun 2 10:58:33 EDT 2010

FYI
BK

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Barbara J. Reys" <reysb at missouri.edu<mailto:reysb at missouri.edu>>
Date: June 2, 2010 10:55:24 AM EDT
To: "Klein, Bob" <kleinr at ohio.edu<mailto:kleinr at ohio.edu>>
Subject: Release of Common Core State Standards (CCSS)

AMTE Members:

Today at 10:00 am (Eastern) the final version of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) was released to the public.  You can download a copy at:  http://www.corestandards.org/

Following the public release, AMTE posted a press release developed jointly with NCTM, NCSM and ASSM (see attached) highlighting the need for the expertise of our organizations to support effective implementation of CCSS.

Our work starts with helping mathematics teacher educators examine the CCSS and then plan ways to support the current and future teachers they serve.  I welcome your ideas and suggestions.

Barbara Reys

AMTE President

[http://data.memberclicks.com/images/powbymc.gif]<http://www.memberclicks.com/> This email was sent to kleinr at ohio.edu<mailto:kleinr at ohio.edu> by reysb at missouri.edu<mailto:reysb at missouri.edu>

Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators

[http://data.memberclicks.com/images/icons/delete.gif]Unsubscribe<http://web.memberclicks.com/mc/contact/unsubscribe.do?id=12600253918124065314137WNH> | Update Profile<http://web.memberclicks.com/mc/prelogin.do?orgId=amte&destination=ContactPreferences> | [http://data.memberclicks.com/images/icons/view.gif] Privacy Policy<http://www.memberclicks.com/emailprivacy/>

[http://web.memberclicks.com/mc/getImage.do?id=12600253918124065314137WNH]