[Ouctm-l] Lego Club at East Elementary

Robert Klein bob at math.ohiou.edu
Fri Apr 2 09:13:19 EDT 2010

All-

Take advantage of a 1-hour opportunity the next two weeks. East Elementary (Wallace Dr, Athens, OH--walking distance to OU) is having their Spring Lego Club this coming couple of weeks. It runs 4-5 Mon-Thurs in the East Elementary Computer Lab.

They need volunteers to help out. You need know NOTHING AT ALL about Legos to help out. The kids will teach you everything you need to know!

See how the kids program Lego Robots and get a better understanding of the ways in which algorithmic and computational thinking can be used in parallel with mathematics instruction. Several OUCTM'ers have participated in the past and truly enjoyed it. You will likely get instructional ideas and, if you commit to volunteering at least 6 of the 8 days in the next two weeks, I will be happy to write a letter (thanking you for your participation and help) suitable for inclusion in portfolios, resumes, etc.

More info on the Lego Robotics may be found here:
http://www.lego.com:80/eng/education/mindstorms/default.asp
and here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpWXFi8OlS4

If you have questions about this, let me know. To participate. show up at 4 at the East Elementary Computer Lab. Map is here:

Hope you can make it for one day, a week, or the whole thing. They appreciate the help, it's fun, and you'll learn a lot. It's for grades 4-6.

BK