[Ouctm-l] Teach for America -- Message from Christine Rodolfi

Sustar, Eric es860306 at ohio.edu
Thu Oct 22 09:23:57 EDT 2009

Hello.

Here's a message from Chrissie Rodolfi Bushey, Teach For America's Ohio University recruitment director:

Teach For America Application Deadline:  Wednesday, October 28th, 2009

One day you’ll look back on your life and wonder, “Did I make a difference?”  TEACHFOR the certainty that you did.

As you may know, inequality in our country's education system limits the life choices of the 13 million children growing up in poverty today.  Students have less than a 50% chance of getting a math or science teacher with even a minor in the subject they teach.  Teach For America seeks to ensure that all students are given the opportunity to receive the education they deserve, regardless of race, income, or zip code.  We do so by placing recent college graduates from all academic majors and with varying career aspirations in low-income communities to offer students access to an excellent education.

Teach For America seeks all majors for this full time job opportunity that provides a full salary and benefits.   In addition to a full salary, corps members are afforded a $10,700 AmeriCorps education award (if eligible), student loan forbearance and no interest payments for two years. Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. (Details on our International Student Pilot Program<http://www.teachforamerica.org/admissions/how_to_apply/international_students.htm> are online.)

Apply online at http://www.teachforamerica.org<http://www.teachforamerica.org/>.  Please contact christine.ridolfi at teachforamerica.org<mailto:christine.ridolfi at teachforamerica.org>  with questions

If you’re interested in learning more about how you can become a part of this movement, please complete this short survey (it will take less than one minute):
http://www.keysurvey.com/survey/267894/15c2/

Thanks!
Eric Sustar
OUCTM President