[Ouctm-l] First OUCTM Meeting of the Quarter

Eric Sustar es860306 at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 12 12:48:43 EST 2009

Hey OUCTM Members!

Our first meeting of the quarter will be this Wednesday, January 14th,
at 7:15 P.M. in McCracken 109.  It's the first OUCTM meeting of the
quarter and it's going to be a good one, so don't miss out!  Our
adviser, Dr. Bob Klein, will be presenting about Algebra II testing in
Ohio's high schools.  Many of us will need to be aware of this test when
we enter the profession, so please come and try to bring as many math
education major friends as possible.  Here is Dr. Klein's explanation of
his presentation:

Ohio Core and Algebra II End of Course Exams are two of the state of
Ohio's major initiatives in mathematics education. Ohio Core is already
law and takes effect as of the class of 2014. The Algebra II EOC Exam is
a bit less clear. What do these mean for future (and existing)
educators?  Dr. Klein will provide information, both specific and
general, about the important changes these efforts represent.

Okay, so here's the recap:

First OUCTM Meeting of Winter Quarter