[Ohk12admins] Last call for summer 2021 professional development!

eLearning OHIO elearning at ohio.edu
Thu May 27 13:58:07 EDT 2021

[A picture with the text Ohio University Online, The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education, Bringing Ohio University to You]<https://www.ohio.edu/education/online/programs>

Greetings Educators,

Many teachers consider summer to be the best time to invest in themselves and engage in professional development. To help in this endeavor, I am writing to share information about the fully online professional development opportunities that are available for educators and coaches from Ohio University’s Patton College of Education.

Ohio University offers many courses for continuing education credit and several graduate endorsement, certificate, and degree programs that are fully online. Our caring faculty are experts in their fields and strive to keep the education process as flexible as possible to meet the needs of our online students, many of whom are working professionals.

We have a limited number of fully online opportunities that you can begin this summer. The following master’s degree programs are accepting applications for Second Summer Session:

  *   Curriculum and Instruction (https://www.ohio.edu/education/teacher-ed/curriculum-instruction) – requires a teaching license
     *   Watch a recording of a recent information session<https://youtu.be/idtCeXuuaVk>

  *   Coaching Education (https://www.ohio.edu/education/recreation-sport-pedagogy/mce)
     *   Watch a recording of a recent information session<https://youtu.be/1tiRmE7ByJQ>
     *   See also Soccer Coaching Education<https://www.ohio.edu/education/soccer>, which will accept applications for spring semester

The Second Summer Session application deadline<https://www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply/apply-degree-seeking> is June 1 and classes begin June 28, 2021. The application process<https://www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply> is online and begins at https://www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply. Educators who need a course or two for continuing education should apply as a nondegree graduate student.

Another summer professional development opportunity for educators is a graduate-level workshop on Trauma-Informed Educational Practice. The one-credit hour workshop will be offered online June 13 to July 17, 2021. Read more<https://www.ohio.edu/zanesville/about/campus-news/ohio-zanesville-offer-trauma-informed-educational-practice-course> and register by June 7<https://www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply/non-degree-application> using nondegree code ND8170.

I would greatly appreciate you sharing this information with the teachers, coaches, paraprofessionals, and other colleagues in your sphere of influence. And don’t hesitate to contact me if I can provide any additional information. Thank you for your help and we look forward to helping you and your staff reach your professional goals.

Wishing you good health and personal growth,
-Tasha
-------
Tasha N. Attaway, MSJ
Digital Graduate Recruitment and Retention Manager
McCracken Hall 102K • Athens, Ohio 45701
Office: (740) 593-4784 • Cell: (740) 855-1977 • Email: attaway at ohio.edu<mailto:attaway at ohio.edu>
Learn more about The Patton College Online Programs at https://www.ohio.edu/education/online/programs

Click here to schedule an appointment with me<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/OhioUniversity3170930@catmail.ohio.edu/bookings/>

[signature_1246771449]<https://www.ohio.edu/education/>

[signature_442133862]<https://www.linkedin.com/in/pattoncollege>  [signature_336061972] <https://www.youtube.com/user/OhioPattonCollege/>    [signature_1455379598] <https://www.facebook.com/PattonCEHS>    [signature_945734281] <https://twitter.com/OHIOPattonCOE>