[Ohk12admins] Are you ready for a change?

eLearning OHIO elearning at ohio.edu
Tue Jul 6 09:32:17 EDT 2021

[A picture with the text Ohio University Online, The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education, Bringing Ohio University to You]<https://www.ohio.edu/education/online/programs>

Greetings educators,

2020 and the COVID-19 pandemic taught us all a great deal about ourselves, including identifying our strengths as well as areas where we need growth. Embracing growth can benefit you, your school or district, and your students and The Patton College of Education at Ohio University<https://www.ohio.edu/education/> is here to help with fully online professional development opportunities for educators. There’s still time to begin during fall semester 2021 – the application deadline is July 31 and online classes begin August 23.

Please take a look and help us spread the word about our online master’s degrees, certificates, and endorsements that can help educators maintain licensure, boost their career (and salary) potential, stay abreast of new developments in pedagogy, and/or move into a new career arena in the field of education.

Why choose The Patton College? We are fully accredited<https://www.ohio.edu/education/assessment/accreditation> with substantial evidence of teacher quality<https://www.ohio.edu/education/assessment/teacher-quality>, and we are working to keep study affordable. In addition, we were named the #1 best value public institution in the state of Ohio by U.S. News and World Report.

Ohio University offers many courses that are appropriate for continuing education credit and several graduate endorsement, certificate, and degree programs that are fully online. Those who are interested in starting a graduate degree can choose from several programs that are listed below. Those who need continuing education credits can apply as a non-degree-seeking graduate student.

Our caring faculty strive to make the education process as flexible as possible to meet the needs of our online students, the majority of whom are working professionals.

A list of available options and website links follows (NOTE: program names in bold are accepting applications for this fall):

Master’s degrees:

  *   Computer Education and Technology (https://www.ohio.edu/education/ed-studies/computer-ed-tech)
     *   Watch a recording of a recent information session<https://youtu.be/5E1LYJC0Pu8>

  *   Curriculum and Instruction (https://www.ohio.edu/education/teacher-ed/curriculum-instruction) – licensed teachers who complete this online degree will be prepared for NBPTS certification
     *   Watch a recording of our most recent information session<https://youtu.be/idtCeXuuaVk?t=1041>

  *   Coaching Education (https://www.ohio.edu/education/recreation-sport-pedagogy/mce) – for all sports
     *   Watch a recording of our most recent information session<https://youtu.be/1tiRmE7ByJQ>

  *   Higher Education (https://www.ohio.edu/education/counseling-higher-education/higher-ed-masters)
     *   Watch a recording of our most recent information session<https://youtu.be/e4oex3-43to>

  *   Reading Education (https://www.ohio.edu/education/teacher-ed/reading) – requires a teaching license and includes the Reading Endorsement

  *   Special Education (https://www.ohio.edu/education/teacher-ed/masters/sped)
     *   See also the STEM+ for All Teaching Fellowship<https://www.ohio.edu/education/teacher-ed/stem-all> which provides a stipend that exceeds the cost of tuition and additional support for career changers who are willing to teach in the Columbus area for a minimum of three years. The next cohort will begin in January 2022.
     *   Watch a recording of a recent information session<https://youtu.be/7M8PzuD-9sc>

Certificates:

  *   Education Public Policy Leadership Certificate (https://www.ohio.edu/education/epplc) – the next cohort will begin in January 2023

  *   Instructional Design (https://www.ohio.edu/education/ed-studies/instructional-design)

Endorsements (all require an educator license):

  *   Computer/Technology (https://www.ohio.edu/education/ed-studies/computer-endorsement)

  *   Early Childhood Generalist (https://www.ohio.edu/education/teacher-ed/endorsements/early-childhood) – offered summer semester only

  *   Pre-Kindergarten Special Needs (https://www.ohio.edu/education/teacher-ed/endorsements/pksn)

  *   Reading (https://www.ohio.edu/education/teacher-ed/endorsements/reading)

The application process<https://www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply> is also online and begins at https://www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply. Educators who need a course or two for continuing education, or who wish to pursue a certificate or endorsement should apply as a non-degree-seeking graduate student.

Again, I would greatly appreciate you sharing this information with the colleagues in your sphere of influence who have professional development needs. And don’t hesitate to contact me if I can provide any additional information. Thank you for your help and we look forward to helping you reach your professional goals.

Wishing you good health and personal growth,
-Tasha
-------
Tasha N. Attaway, MSJ
Digital Graduate Recruitment and Retention Manager
McCracken Hall 102K • Athens, Ohio 45701
Office: (740) 593-4784 • Cell: (740) 855-1977 • Email: eLearning at ohio.edu<mailto:eLearning at ohio.edu>
Learn more about The Patton College Online Programs at https://www.ohio.edu/education/online/programs

Click here to schedule an appointment with me<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/OhioUniversity3170930@catmail.ohio.edu/bookings/>

[signature_1246771449]<https://www.ohio.edu/education/>

[signature_442133862]<https://www.linkedin.com/in/pattoncollege>  [signature_336061972] <https://www.youtube.com/user/OhioPattonCollege/>    [signature_1455379598] <https://www.facebook.com/PattonCEHS>    [signature_945734281] <https://twitter.com/OHIOPattonCOE>