[Ohk12admins] Last call for spring semester 2021 teacher development opportunities

eLearning OHIO elearning at ohio.edu
Mon Dec 7 14:25:58 EST 2020

[A picture with the text Ohio University Online, The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education, Bringing Ohio University to You]<https://www.ohio.edu/education/online/programs>

Happy Holidays Educators,

As we are in the holiday season, our thoughts often turn toward new year’s resolutions and professional development. In the spirit of new beginnings, I am writing to share information about the fully online teacher development opportunities that are available from Ohio University’s Patton College of Education. It’s not too late to start spring semester but time is running out: The final application deadline for most programs is January 1 and classes begin January 19.

Ohio University offers many courses for continuing education credit and several graduate endorsement, certificate, and degree programs that are fully online. Those who are interested in starting a graduate degree can choose from several programs (the attached flyer highlights fully online master’s degree programs). Those who need continuing education credits can apply as a nondegree graduate student. Our caring faculty strive to make the education process as flexible as possible to meet the needs of our online students, many of whom are working professionals.

A list of available options and website links follows (program names in bold are accepting applications for this spring):

Master’s degrees:

  *   Computer Education and Technology (https://www.ohio.edu/education/ed-studies/computer-ed-tech)

  *   Curriculum and Instruction (https://www.ohio.edu/education/teacher-ed/curriculum-instruction) – requires a teaching license
     *   Watch a recording of a recent information session<https://youtu.be/fOoKisqw5ko>

  *   Coaching Education (https://www.ohio.edu/education/recreation-sport-pedagogy/mce)
     *   See also Soccer Coaching Education<https://www.ohio.edu/education/soccer>

  *   Higher Education (https://www.ohio.edu/education/counseling-higher-education/higher-ed-masters)*

  *   Reading Education (https://www.ohio.edu/education/teacher-ed/reading) ** - requires a teaching license
     *   Watch a recording of a recent information session<https://youtu.be/fOoKisqw5ko>

  *   Special Education (https://www.ohio.edu/education/teacher-ed/masters/sped)
     *   See also the STEM+ for All Teaching Fellowship<https://www.ohio.edu/education/teacher-ed/stem-all> which provides a stipend and additional support for those with STEM backgrounds who are willing to work in the Columbus area for a minimum of three years. The initial deadline was December 1 but participants will be admitted until the cohort is full.
     *   Watch a recording of a recent information session<https://youtu.be/RXrvZNWxZVw>

Certificates:

  *   Education Public Policy Leadership Certificate (https://www.ohio.edu/education/epplc)
     *   We’re lowering the number of credit hours to make it more affordable!
     *   Watch a recording of a recent information session<https://youtu.be/Ypo1xoVSlQQ>

  *   Professional Instructional Design (https://www.ohio.edu/education/ed-studies/instructional-design)

Endorsements (all require an educator license):

  *   Computer/Technology (https://www.ohio.edu/education/ed-studies/computer-endorsement)

  *   Early Childhood Generalist (https://www.ohio.edu/education/teacher-ed/endorsements/early-childhood) **
     *   Adds grades 4-5 to your Early Childhood educator license

  *   Pre-Kindergarten Special Needs (https://www.ohio.edu/education/teacher-ed/endorsements/pksn)

  *   Reading (https://www.ohio.edu/education/teacher-ed/endorsements/reading)**

The application process<https://www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply> is also online and begins at https://www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply. Educators who need a course or two for continuing education, or who wish to pursue a certificate or endorsement should apply as a nondegree graduate student.

I would greatly appreciate you sharing this information with the colleagues in your sphere of influence. And don’t hesitate to contact me if I can provide any additional information. Thank you for your help and we look forward to helping you reach your professional goals.

Wishing you good health and personal growth,
-Tasha

Legend:
*  The next cohort will begin fall semester 2021
**  Study begins in summer semester 2021

-------
Tasha N. Attaway, MSJ
Digital Graduate Recruitment/Retention Manager
McCracken Hall 102K • Athens, Ohio 45701
Phone: (740) 593-4784 • Cell: (740) 855-1977 • Email: attaway at ohio.edu<mailto:attaway at ohio.edu>
Learn more about The Patton College Online Programs at https://www.ohio.edu/education/online/programs

[signature_1265931424]<https://www.linkedin.com/in/pattoncollege>  [signature_1121935512] <https://www.youtube.com/user/OhioPattonCollege/>    [signature_1943951624] <https://www.facebook.com/PattonCEHS>    [signature_1957425800] <https://twitter.com/OHIOPattonCOE>