[Ocees] OCEES Announcements

Roosenburg, Willem roosenbu at ohio.edu
Mon Apr 15 11:35:00 EDT 2019

OCEES Announcements week of 14 April.

1)      Ecolunch: Emily Watts - OU - Biological Sciences. An Evolutionary Investigation of the Cumberland Plateau Salamander, Plethedon kentucki. 11:50 on Wednesday, 17 April in Irvine 159.

2)      Keynote Speaker for Grad-Prof Appreciation Week - Kathryn Wedemeyer-Strombel - Graduate School: It's something that we do, but not who we are. 17:15 on Wednesday, 17 April in Baker Theater. (OCEES Sponsored Event)

3)      Ecolunch: Wren Edwards - OU - Biological Sciences. Freaky Fecal Foreboding in Chimps. 11:50 on Wednesday, 24 April in Irvine 159.

4)      OCEES Poster Celebration and end of the semester / year celebration: Friday 26 April, Life Sciences Building. Please ask your graduate and undergraduate students to display their posters in the Life Sciences Building 1st Floor - cash prizes for best graduate and undergraduate poster. Please make sure you poster is up by 13:00, judging from 13:00-15:00 pm. You need not be in attendance. Social to start at 16:30 in the Lunch Room and into the Hallway for poster viewing - Food (Munchies and snacks) and libations will be provided.

5)      BioBlast on the Ridges: Contact Charlene Hopkins Saturday, April 27th from 9:00-13:00 on the Ridges and see attached flyer.

Cheers,
Willem
Willem M Roosenburg

President, Herpetologists' League
Director, Center for Ecology and Evolutionary Studies
Department of Biological Sciences
247 Life Sciences Building
Ohio University
Athens, Ohio 45701

Office: 740.593.9669
Mobile: 740.503.4983
FAX: 740.593.0300

http://malaclemys.weebly.com

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
-- Gandalf, Fellowship of the Ring

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without loss of
enthusiasm."
--Sir Winston Churchill