[Ocees] BioBlast on The Ridges

Hopkins, Charlene ch183014 at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 10 13:17:29 EDT 2019

Hi Everyone,

The Biological Sciences Graduate Society and our partners are hosting a BioBlast on the Ridges on Saturday, April 27th from 9am-1pm. The BioBlast is an opportunity to identify as many species as possible over a short period of time, and we're hoping to get as many grads, undergrads, families, and other community members involved as possible. Attached you'll find our public advertisement flyer for the event.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being a team leader for the event? As a team leader you should arrive at the Kennedy Museum around 8:45/9am and you will be given a clipboard with clearly defined maps of your team's study area as well as data sheets. Then as participants arrive you will be assigned a group of 5-8 people, that you will walk out to the designated area in your maps. Once there you will search for as many plant, animal, and fungi species as possible. They do most of the searching and you make sure they stay in the right area, help ID species (or take good pics when you’re not sure), record data, and share your knowledge with them.

If you are interested in being a team leader, please send me an email to let me know. Or if you'd just like to come and participate you are welcome to do so. And please feel free to share the advertisement flyer with classrooms, schools, community groups, etc. that you are in contact with.

Thanks,
Charlene

Charlene Hopkins
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Graduate Student
Department of Biological Sciences
Ohio University
107 Irvine Hall
Athens, OH 45701