[Ocees] Announcements

Roosenburg, Willem roosenbu at ohio.edu
Wed Aug 29 18:30:40 EDT 2018

OCEES Announcements

1)     Ecolunch will begin next week and we hope to have a seminar schedule posted soon. There will be a seminar at 11:50 on Wednesday, 5 September in Irvine 159

2)     OCEES is currently accepting nominations for the 2019 Darwin Speaker, current nominees are Hopi Hoekstra, Harvard University; Janet Brown, Harvard University; and James Mallet, Harvard University. If you would like to nominate a potential Darwin speaker please send a name and a 1 paragraph description of the persons work and their accomplishment to roosenbu at ohio.edu<mailto:roosenbu at ohio.edu> by Friday 7 September.

3)     We want to revise or create an entirely new logo for OCEES. We would like to hold a logo contest open to anyone in the OCEES community; faculty, graduate and undergraduate students (please pass this on students or announce in your classes). We are incentivizing with a $200 cash reward for students (help pay for fees) or a $200 research supplies allotment for faculty. So get your artist mojo going and send in your best creative endeavors! Submit your logo to roosenbu at ohio.edu<mailto:roosenbu at ohio.edu> as a tiff file or very high res jpg. OCEES will collectively vote for the best logo. Here are some features that will be important; must show up well in small size (think letterhead or in a presentation), capture the breadth of disciplines in OCEES, and should be compelling.

Cheers,
Willem
Willem M Roosenburg

President, Herpetologists' League
Director, Center for Ecology and Evolutionary Studies
Department of Biological Sciences
247 Life Sciences Building
Ohio University
Athens, Ohio 45701

Office: 740.593.9669
Mobile: 740.503.4983
FAX: 740.593.0300

http://www.ohio.edu/people/roosenbu/

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
-- Gandalf, Fellowship of the Ring

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without loss of
enthusiasm."
--Sir Winston Churchill