[Ocees] Graduate Student Social

Anthony Gilbert anthony.gilbert09 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:09:49 EST 2016

Hello all,

Our names are Anthony and Sam; we are two PhD students over in Biological
Sciences. We are the social chairs of the Biological Sciences Graduate
Society, and would like to use this email as a way of branching out to
graduate students in all other departments underneath OCEES. In the past,
the BIOS students have held department-based socials for the grad students,
and we want to branch out to students in the other departments overseen by
OCEES and gauge interest in a potential graduate student celebration to the
end of the Fall semester. All graduate students from all departments under
the OCEES umbrella are invited and we would love it if you would join us in
a pre-holiday and post-finals celebration to send Fall 2016 off with a
bang.

On 9 December between 5-7pm, whence finals conclude and darkness and winter
fall across the land, we will host a gathering in the Life Sciences
Building, Room 103. The goal is, obviously to have fun, but we really want
to get to know our neighbors and foster a broader sense of connectivity and
community between all of the grad students under OCEES.

If these type of events are something more folks would be interested in for
future dates in the spring semester, please bring it to our attention, and
we can coordinate potential future events for all grad students.

So, if you are interested in attending, or are aware of other students in
your respective department that would be interested in this, please let one
of us know (Anthony: Anthony.gilbert09 at gmail.com, Sam: sg658915 at ohio.edu)
so we can tally the number of potential folks. We’ll have a short-stocked
supply of spirits and snacks, so feel free to bring whatever you can! We
hope that this will be the first of many future OCEES grad student
get-togethers!

Best,

Anthony and Sam

--