[Newman-l] LAST WEEK OF CLASSES

Lanning, Paige pl698611 at ohio.edu
Tue Dec 1 12:35:53 EST 2015

Hello Newmaners!

I hope you're excited as I am because it's the last week of classes and less than a month to Christmas! Don't let the stress eat you alive and enjoy these last two weeks in Athens before winter break! I know this email is long but there's a lot of important information for the remainder of the semester so please read!

Tonight: the rosary will be prayed at 8:30 at Christ the King

Wednesday: Newman night! Mass at 5:30, dinner at 6:00, and our meeting at 7:15. This week's meeting will be held in the church so if you arrive late you can head straight to the church. Also, please make sure you sign in this week, as we will be making groups based on who signs in. Don't forget about those attendance prizes!

Friday: The Divine Mercy Chaplet will be prayed at 3pm at St. Paul

A couple of extra notes:

The Holy Family Center will be open to students next week to study for finals. It will be open in the mornings with the exception of Wednesday (Paul will open the building for us at 1:00). Feel free to bring food and snacks to the HOF with you, but please make sure they are labeled and are eaten within a couple days (we don't want food sitting around all week).

Paul will also be providing lunch for us a few days during finals week and he is opening up his schedule for and prayer/meditation/praise and worship you would like to have during finals week. If you would like to participate just ask Paul!

If you have any extra flex points that you will not be using, please consider donating extra swipes to the local poor. Use any extra flex points or meal swipes to purchase non-perishable items and bring them to the Holy Family Center. The last day to donate will be next Thursday.

Finally, with finals week comes a lot of stress and anxiety, but it is important to remember our blessings this time of year. Post on Facebook, twitter, and/or instagram how you are blessed this time of year, and be sure to tag OUCatholics and include the hashtags #tooblessedtobestressed and the optional #propsGod and you will be entered into a drawing for a Chipotle giftcard! The giftcard will be drawn for next Wednesday, one entry per person.

That's it for this week, have a great rest of the semester!

Paige Lanning

PR Chair