[Newman-l] FW: Good Works Summer Kids Discovery Club and Summer Lunch

Pokas, Olivia op728808 at ohio.edu
Thu May 16 12:39:42 EDT 2013

FORWARD

--
Olivia Pokas
Ohio University
   Communication Science & Disorders
       Linguistics
       Psychology
       TEFL Certificate
+ 1 740 391 3354
________________________________
From: Keith Wasserman [keith at good-works.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:15 PM
To: Wasserman Keith
Subject: Good Works Summer Kids Discovery Club and Summer Lunch

May 15, 2013

Greetings friends!

This summer, Good Works will again sponsor our Summer Kids Discovery Club and Summer Lunch in partnership with The Plains United Methodist Church.

I am writing to you to ask two things:

1.Would you be interested in making a ONE-TIME presentation this summer sometime between June 17 and August 2?  Kids' Discovery Club is primarily a morning event so your presentation would take place on one weekday morning .  Emily Axe writes:

We are gratefully seeking presenters who would be willing to donate about 2 hours to our kids one time this summer.  The presentation and/or activities would take place between 9:30 and 11:00 am, with a time cushion for set-up and clean-up before and after. Each day of Discovery Club has a different theme attached to it that we try to work presenters around with adjustments when needed, please see the attached flier for the themed days this year. The Discovery club is primarily focused on kids K-6th grade.

 If you would like to present or have further questions, you can contact Emily Axe at 740.594.3339 or through e-mail at emily at good-works.net<mailto:emily at good-works.net>

2.  Would you consider helping us with food or volunteering for our summer lunch?  If you know where we can find vegetables, fruit or meat, we would greatly appreciate the help.  Also, if you would like to contribute to the Summer Lunch, you can either send gift cards to Good Works (PO Box 4), or contact the Foodland grocery store in The Plains (797.4526)  and purchase gift cards for us to use or simply go to our web site and click on DONATE NOW.  In years past, we have had about 50-90 adults and children come for this lunch which focuses on providing nutritious food. If you'd like more information on the summer lunch or want to volunteer,  you can visit our website and click on Kids Discovery Club or contact Kara Stricker at 740.594.3339 or through e-mail at kara at good-works.net<mailto:kara at good-works.net>

THANKS in advance for what you can do to encourage us as we reach out to love people in who are struggling here in rural southeast Ohio.

If you have any questions or would like more information, feel free to contact me through this email or at 740.594.9000

LOVE is a verb,

Keith Wasserman

ps- Attached is the flier for our Kids Discovery Club and Lunch which explains the dates and options. Feel free to pass this along to people you know who may want to participate.
I've also attached a GW current needs list. ONE more urgent need we have is for an electric stove for the Hannah House. The one we have has only 2 burners working. If you know of an electric stove in good condition, please let us know.

[cid:1ca1736c-7714-4277-a7e9-b163d94f0b23 at prod.exchangelabs.com]

Keith Wasserman
Good Works, Inc.
P.O. Box 4
Athens, Ohio 45701

CONTACT INFORMATION
Good Works Administrative Office 740.594.3339
The Timothy House 740.594.3333
The Hannah House 740.594.3336
Service Living 740.818.3868
Founder/ Executive Director 740.594.9000

Web www.good-works.net<http://www.good-works.net>

www.goodworkswalk.net<http://www.goodworkswalk.net>
www.Facebook.com/Good.Works.Athens<http://www.Facebook.com/Good.Works.Athens>
http://serviceliving.wordpress.com/