[Newman-l] Week 10-Soulds, Bodies, and Spirits

Scott, Lindsey ls293209 at ohio.edu
Tue Oct 30 01:06:14 EDT 2012

Hey all!

This Wednesday we will be having a meeting at the PC at 7:15 PM.  The meeting will be on souls, bodies, and spirits!  We will be talking about the Incorruptables, Exorcisms, the devil, Gaurdian Angels, Choirs of Angels, Communion of Saints, the Sacraments, learning the St. Micheal Prayer, and last but not least, Halloween!  So please come and celebrate the holiday while learning about these topics and how the world you cannot see interacts with the world you can see!  Here are future announcements:

-Guys for God is tomorrow (Tuesday) at the PC at 8:00 PM.  Get ready to "Bro out"! Contact Ryan if you have any questions or concerns. His email is: ra628110 at ohio.edu<mailto:ra628110 at ohio.edu>

-Wednesday, there will be a group of us getting together to say the Rosary at Christ the King Parish Center's Chapel at 4:45 PM.  Come join us if you would like!!

-There will NOT be Mass at 5:15 PM at Christ the King Parish Center on Wednesday!!  Instead there is a 6:00 PM Mass at St. Pauls.

-This Thursday (November 1st), is the Holdy day of obligation.  The Mass times for that is: 8:30 AM at St. Pauls, 12:15 PM at Christ the King, and 5:15 PM at Christ the King.  As Catholics, we should at least attend one Mass time to celebrate this occasion.

-Also this Thursday, there will be a Ladies for the Lord meeting and it will be hosted by Megan!  We will be going to Mass first and then we will be doing other activites after that.  More details will be mentioned later this week.  If you have any questions or concerns, contact Megan (mn175810 at ohio.edu<mailto:mn175810 at ohio.edu>) or Lauren (lh405909 at ohio.edu<mailto:lh405909 at ohio.edu>). Please let one of them know if you plan on coming!

-This Sunday,  Lauren will be making a trip to Columbus to go to St. Joseph Cathedral!  Her and a few others are leaving the PC at 8:30 AM. The service starts at 10:30 AM, lunch will be served afterwards, and then followed by lunch, we will be going on a tour of the Cathedral! PLEASE contact Lauren by Wednesday if you are going and committed!  Her number is 513-304-7882 or feel free to email her.

-Next Wednesday, instead of having a Newman meeting, we will be going to the Football instead and supporting the Bobcats!  We will be meeting at the Gazebo/pond beside Clippinger at 6:15 PM and then head to the tailgate park.  Tickets will be on sale this Friday until next Wednesday.  PLEASE get you ticket in ADVANCE!!!

-SAVE THE DATE!!  Retreat will be on November 16th, 17th, and 18th.  The cost will be $20 to attend or $25 with a t-shirt.  More details will be given out later.  The money is due ASAP.  The deadline is November 7th.

-If you want a Newman t-shirt, sweatshirt, or hoodie, please contact Nancy.  If you have money for her or questions about the shirts, see her before or after the Newman meeting on Wednesday.

Have a great week everyone and try to stay warm and dry!!  See you all on Wednesday!

Lindsey Scott

Publicity Chair