[Newman-l] 2 Charity Opportunities

Nimeth, Sarah sn309208 at ohio.edu
Sun May 13 22:48:00 EDT 2012

1) DO YOU LIKE TO EAT?!

The Ohio University Spanish Club will host its first annual Tapas Night Chef Cook-off from 6-8 p.m. on Thursday, May 17 at the United Methodist Church in Athens. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Athens County Food Pantry.  Tickets for the event cost $8.

Athens restaurants such as Casa Nueva, Sol, Salaam, Kiser's BBQ, Union Street Diner, Jakie O's and MORE will be donating tapas (appetizers) to the event.

Never eaten at one of these restaurants?  This Thursday is the perfect time to come and find out what they have to offer - a little taste of Athens while donating to a great cause!!

2) Bag Collection - Bookbags, purses, duffel bags, etc

Please donate gently used bags of all types and bring them to me at the Parish Center during the next 3 weeks.  These bags will be donated to the Timothy House here in Athens.  The Timothy House is run though Good Works which is an organization that works with the less fortunate and homeless of Athens County.  The bags are going to members of the house so that they are able to safely and dryly carry their belongings.

If you would like more information about Good Works or the Timothy House here is the link to their webpage - http://www.good-works.net/

Thank you for your support in our community!

Sarah Nimeth
Ohio University | Communication Sciences and Disorders | Spanish | Linguistics
Newman Community President
Spanish Club Secretary
FLES Instructor
Academic Advancement Center Tutor