[Newman-l] Week 9-Mothers of the Church

Scott, Lindsey ls293209 at ohio.edu
Mon May 7 15:21:18 EDT 2012

Hello Everybody!!

This Wednesday at 7:15 pm at the PC, there is a newman meeting on the Mothers of the Church. Get ready to learn about the wonderful saints we look up to and that are part of the Church! It will be a great meeting, so lets have some fun getting to know them.  Here are the upcoming events to put in your planner:

-Planning Meeting for Ascension Meeting for week 9 will be held at the Front Room on the 4th floor of baker at 7:00 pm TONIGHT.  Look for Sarah because she will be running it.

-Spring Formal planning meeting is TONIGHT at 8:30 pm at the PC.  Get ready to decorate!!

-There is a baking party TONIGHT at 9:30 pm (after Laurens meeting) at the PC. We are baking for our Newman bake sale that will be for tomorrow.

-Tomorrow (Tuesday), there is going to be a Newman bake sale outside of the 4th floor at baker.  It will be from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.  If you want want to help out, email or text Megan.  Spread the word around so we can raise some money!

-Tomorrow (Tuesday), there will be a Mothers of the Church planning meeting at 7:30 pm at the PC.

-Relay for Life is from this Friday to Saturday (May 11th to May 12th).  It is not too late to sign up!!!  Help us raise money for Cancer patients.  Remember, there is a competition going on to see who can raise the most money, so whoever wins gets a prize!! Look at Amanda's  recent email to find out the details about the race.

-Spring Formal will be this Saturday (May 12th) from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm.  The theme is "The Roaring Twenties", so don't be afraid to dress up!  It will be held at the PC.  Tickets are $10 per person (if you bring a date then it will cost $20) if you plan on eating at the dance.  Money will be due this Wednesday at the Newman meeting. If you are not able to have it by then or forget to bring it, talk to Lauren.

-Newman Retreat is May 18th to May 20th at St. Johns in Logan.  Money will be due next week at the Wednesday's Newman meeting (May 16th).  It is $10 per person, but if you want a t-shirt then it will cost $15 per person. It should be a blast and we will have all sorts of fun! On Facebook, there is a group called, "2012 Catholic Spring Retreat", so join the group!!!

That's all for the news! I hope you guys have a lovely Monday!!

Lindsey Scott

Publicity Chair