[Newman-l] FW: Good Works urgent needs

Pokas, Olivia op728808 at ohio.edu
Mon Aug 6 14:48:19 EDT 2012

________________________________
From: Keith Wasserman [keith at good-works.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 8:51 PM
To: Wasserman Keith
Subject: Good Works urgent needs

Friends,

IF YOU ARE ABLE, can you help us with some of these urgent needs?
You can bring them to The Timothy House at 91 Central Avenue. If you prefer, you can call first at 740.594.3333.

Trash bags - All sizes large and small
paper towels
toilet paper
coffee (creamer/sugar)
Zip lock sandwich bags

At Good Works, we are doing our very best to help the increasing number of people who come to us for help every day. The Timothy House had been at capacity and has had to turn away more than 150 men, women and children in the first 7 months of this year (compared to 142 people in all of 2011).  Details about this and stories can be seen on our web site under The Timothy House. Hope and Possibilities is seeing an increasing number of people who come every day for help with emergency needs (such as utility bills, rent, etc.). Friday Night Life (now in its 20th year) is attracting more and more people each week who come for food and encouragement.  This week, we are finishing our every-day summer lunch and kids Discovery Club.  Thank you for your kindness and for your support for the ministry God has trusted us with!

ONE excited bit of NEWS that I'd like to share: We provided car #95 through the Transformation Station (TS) this week.  If you didn't know, the TS provides opportunities for people to volunteer their time to receive items they need. We still have 160 people on the waiting list for a car so it you know someone who might consider donating a car, please let us know.

WE are looking for opportunities to share the story of Good Works and how we are investing our lives into the people of our community. If you know of an opportunity to invite one of us to share, would you contact me?

Thank you!

LOVE is a verb,

Keith Wasserman

ps- This summer, our financial costs have far exceeded the funds donated to us. If you are able to participate with us financially, would you?

[cid:dd6faf22-c23a-4075-bba2-1a39a18f9b8c at prod.exchangelabs.com]

"GOOD WORKS EXISTS to connect people from all walks of life with
PEOPLE in poverty so that the kingdom of God can be experienced."

Keith Wasserman
Good Works, Inc.
P.O. Box 4
Athens, Ohio 45701

CONTACT INFORMATION
The Timothy House 740.594.3333
The Hannah House 740.594.3336
Hope and Possibilities 740.541.0883
Service Living 740.856.1214
Good Works Administrative Office 740.594.3339
Founder/ Executive Director 740.594.9000

Web www.good-works.net<http://www.good-works.net>
www.walkforthehomeless.net<http://www.walkforthehomeless.net>
www.Facebook.com/Good.Works.Athens<http://www.Facebook.com/Good.Works.Athens>
http://serviceliving.wordpress.com/

Email goodworks at good-works.net<mailto:goodworks at good-works.net>
keith at good-works.net<mailto:keith at good-works.net>

 You are invited to read the Good Works Community BLOG (www.good-works.net<http://www.good-works.net>)  called Perspective is Everything.
It is located at the very top of our web page.