[Newman-l] Holy Week Mass Schedule

Nimeth, Sarah sn309208 at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 4 06:13:10 EDT 2012

HOLY THURSDAY | April 5
Liturgy of the Lord's Supper                 7:00pm      St. Paul

GOOD FRIDAY | April 6
Liturgy of the Passion                          3:00pm      St. Paul
Stations of the Cross                           6:30pm      Christ The King
Confession                                         7:00pm      Christ The King

HOLY SATURDAY | April 7
RCIA Candidates & Catechumens
    (Sacraments of Initiation & Mass)     8:30pm       St. Paul

EASTER SUNDAY | April 8
Mass                                                 8:30am        St. Paul
                                                        10:00am      Christ The King
                                                        11:30am      St. Paul
                                                        Noon           Christ The King
                                                        6:00pm        Christ The King

On Holy Thursday we will celebrate the Liturgy of the Lord's Supper followed by a period of Adoration to spend time in prayer with the Lord.  It is at this time that we are encouraged to being the Paschal Fast, refraining from much of our food until Holy Saturday's Easter Vigil.

On Friday we are asked to celebrate the Liturgy of the Lord's Passion and if possible Stations of the Cross.

Holy Saturday ought to be a time of quiet reflection for us as we join spiritually with our Catechumens and Candidates in their preparation to enter the church at the Easter Vigil.

Please make a sincere effort to join God this week, to spend time in quiet reflection on His great love for us and to prepare for the joyful celebration of Jesus' Resurrection.