[Newman-l] Polar Plunge

Pokas, Olivia op728808 at ohio.edu
Thu Jan 27 00:17:29 EST 2011

Hey guys,

If you were at the meeting tonight I mentioned something at the end about a Polar Plunge. Here is some more information.  The Polar Plunge happens every year out at Strouds Run, here in Athens, and other places across the US to raise money for the Special Olympics.  Basically, before you make "The Plunge" (running into the Stounds Run lake with minimal clothing on), you have to raise $50 that will go toward the Special Olympics & you get a tshirt!  You can also raise $30 and just watch the event, but still get a tshirt.  The actual date of the event is February 12th.  The Plunge is at 1:00pm, but registration is from 10-12:30. So I'd say play on being there from 11/11:30ish until 1:30 or 2:00.

There's also a theme, it's patriotic, so they encourage everyone to dress up accordingly.
ALSO, a free lunch at BDubs after! :)

I promise it's really fun and it's for a great cause! We can all carpool to Strouds too.
--Email me back if you are interested because I want to make sure we have enough people participating before I register a team.

MORE INFO:
http://www.ohio.edu/compass/stories/10-11/1/Polar-Plunge-2011-944.cfm

Olivia Pokas
Ohio University | Communication Science and Disorders
Newman Community Service Chair
Women's Club Basketball Safety Officer
Alpha Phi Omega member
OU Habitat for Humanity member