[Newman-l] Week 2!

Pokas, Olivia op728808 at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 11 21:23:59 EST 2010

Hey Newmaners!!

I hope everyone isn't too overloaded with work yet!

Tomorrow (Tuesday 12th) there will be a service meeting to talk about opportunities Newman has to be involved in service activities throughout the year.  At this meeting we will also be open to any suggestions or ideas you guys have for volunteer options! This is a very laid back meeting just to get some ideas together, so if you are interested in service please feel free to join!

Wednesday we will have our second Newman meeting for the quarter at 7:15 at the Parish Center. Hope to see you there and stay warm on your way!! :)

This Saturday is the Good Works Walk For The Homeless which is a walk to educate us about the homelessness and poverty in our area and to raise money that is needed to support the Good Works Timothy House, a shelter for the homeless in Athens, Ohio. This for a great cause and will be a good way to fellowship with your fellow Newmaners! --you also get a sweet tshirt ;) If you are interested in more information about this you can contact Courtney at cl195907 at ohio.edu or you can talk to her Wednesday!

I also received this email from Brittany Hughes, a Newman alum:
If anyone is interested in an internship with ChristLife, a Catholic lay apostolate dedicated to the new evangelization, email me (bh125705 at ohio.edu) and I can put you in touch with the young adult coordinator. ChristLife is an awesome organization, not too far from Baltimore and a great place to work. There's a fantastic Catholic community in the area, and you'll get to be on the front lines of the new evangelization. Check out their website www.christlife.org. Oh, and it's a paid internship. :-) Hope you're all enjoying climbing Jeff Hill in the winter!

Peace,
Olivia :)