[Newman-l] This week in Newman!

Pokas, Olivia op728808 at ohio.edu
Sun Sep 20 21:29:19 EDT 2009

Hey everybody!

A little update on whats going on this week:

Monday: We will be baking cookies and such at the Parish Center at 5:00.  The bake sale will be on the days that follow at Baker Center.  So if you would like to help out by doing some baking for this then come down to the PC at 5:00! :)

Tuesday: We will be having our second Bible study of the quarter. Just like last week we will meet at Donkey coffee @ 6:15 on the second floor. As you may have heard me say at our Wednesday meetings, this quarter we are following the life of Jesus across all four Gospels. For anyone who is new and wants to catch up, Rachel will be at Donkey at least an hour early and more than happy to talk to you!

Here are the readings for this week:

Matthew: 4; 1-11
Luke: 4; 1-30
John: 2

Wednesday: Our third meeting for the quarter will be Wednesday on the Apparitions of Mary.  This meeting should be a ton of fun.  We will be playing some games that go along with the topic and also learning a lot! I hope to see everyone there!

Friday: Reminder that this friday is the First Year Newman Retreat. This is definitely worth going to! Its for any new students to Newman that would like to become more involved! We hope to get to know you all a little better and participate in some entertaining things while doing so! :) We really hope you can make it. We would like to get to know you all a little better! You won't need much for this, just a pillow, sleeping bag/blanket, and some clothes for the next day.

Saturday: If you we signed up or would still like to participate in Cardboard City, that will be going on Saturday night. We will have more about this at the meeting on Wednesday!

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
Peace,
Olivia