[Newman-l] week 7!!

Pokas, Olivia op728808 at ohio.edu
Tue Oct 20 15:48:29 EDT 2009

Hey everyone!
There have been a few changes to the schedule of things this week so be sure to read this! :)

Tuesday: There will be a meeting tonight for anyone that is interested in helping plan the transubstantiation meeting next Wednesday. We will meet at 5:00 at the Parish Center.  Also, this Tuesday we will be continuing our weekly Bible study. However, instead of meeting at the Donkey this week we will meet at the Parish Center. We will still be meeting at 6:00, the location has just changed. Come join us!

Wednesday: This is the big switch up. Instead of meeting at 5:45, which we had originally planned this week, we will be meeting at our regular time of 7:00pm. This meeting will be a little different too. Its going to be a social based meeting which basically means lots of fun games and food. We will start out meeting at the Parish Center at 7:00 with a game, but from there we will either move outside around the church or over to the fields behind McCracken to play some outdoor games. SO BE SURE TO DRESS WARM! Later, we will go back to the Parish Center for s'mores and hot chocolate!! Hope to see everyone!

Thursday: There will be a meeting at 6:00 to help plan Parents Night Out which is coming up soon! If you can make it it would be a great help :)

Reminder that this weekend is pancake breakfast! We will be setting up on Saturday at 3:00 if you can come help out. Otherwise, the breakfast starts at 9:00am on Sunday.  If you are helping out Sunday we ask that you be there at 8:30am to make sure everything is ready to go! And if you can't help, but you would like to bring your parents or friends and come to eat that is always great too!

Hope everyone is having a good week!!

Since you can't see God, it's not always easy to be friends with Him. After all, he doesn't sit with you can eat ice cream or talk with you on the phone. And sometimes its hard to think of being friends with someone as powerful and holy as God.  But remember, God isn't just mighty, he's also kind and loving.  In the Bible He speaks of himself as a father and a husband.  Like a father, He loves his children and gives them the things they need. Like a husband, He wants to be your closest friend.
You stay close with you friends because you talk to each other a lot, maybe even every day. One of the best ways to keep close to God is to talk to him by praying. Talk to him the way you talk to your best friend. He is waiting to hear from you and to speak to your heart if you'll take the time to listen.

Peace, Olivia.