[MWERA] MWERA 2020 Annual Convention Announcement

MWERA List mwera at listserv.ohio.edu
Mon Apr 27 08:39:51 EDT 2020

I am writing to inform you that after much deliberation, the MWERA Board has decided to postpone the MWERA annual convention until October 13-15 of 2021. Due to the uncertainty of state mandates regarding the gathering of large groups this upcoming fall, we believe it is in the organization's best financial interest. The current state of university schedules, changing teaching obligations, decreases in professional development funding, and the current obstacles to educational research also contributed to our decision. Be assured that this decision was not made lightly or without a great deal of contemplation and discussion. Board members have been in constant contact during the last two months. We have also been monitoring what other professional organizations are doing and communicating with our hotel and conference site.

While it is disappointing that we cannot gather for the MWERA Annual Convention this October, that motivates us, the Board Members, the Association Council, and the Division Chairs, to create opportunities from this crisis. Stay tuned to see how you will be able to stay involved in the organization throughout the year.

As always, I appreciate your commitment to MWERA, especially in light of the global pandemic and its long-reaching ramifications.  Again, be assured that all decisions have been made in the best interest of the health of our organization and the health of our members.

Best,
Laney Bender-Slack
MWERA President

Dr. Delane A. Bender-Slack