[MWERA] MWERA 2015 Conference Proposal Submission & Volunteer Deadline Extended

MWERA List mwera at listserv.ohio.edu
Thu May 21 12:17:50 EDT 2015

Dear MWERA Colleagues,

With the efforts of Division Chairs, Association Council Members, the
Member-at-Large Dustin Derby, and many other strong supporters and
contributors, we have received a good number of proposals submitted by the
deadline this year. However, because the submission deadlines have often
been extended in the past, I have received numerous emails from members who
expected at least one extension. To accommodate this expectation and still
keep the integrity of the process, after consulting with the Board, the
submission website will stay open until Monday, June 8. You may still
submit proposals and encourage your colleagues and students to submit.

In addition, all the 2015 Division Chairs are taking additional
responsibilities this year. It is strongly advised that you inform your
Division Chair if you have a proposal but may not be able to submit it on
time. You can find the Division Chair names and contact information in the Call
for Proposals
<http://www.mwera.org/pdf-files/MWERA_2015_Call_for_Proposals.pdf> on the
mwera.org <http://www.mwera.org/program-information.html> website. If you
inform your Division Chair about when you will be able to submit your
proposal, they will be able to help you submit a proposal as long as they
think it is in time for the reviews they will organize. In order to make
this work most efficiently, you will need to register as a presenter
through the All-Academic proposal submission system
<http://www.mwera.org/program-information.html> as soon as possible.

Given the number of proposals we have so far and the potential additional
proposals, we will need lots more volunteers to serve as reviewers, session
chairs, and discussants. Please take a moment to volunteer through the
same All-Academic
website <http://www.mwera.org/program-information.html> if you can
volunteer.  Please note that although we strongly encourage students to
present and participate, we typically reserve the role of discussant to
faculty and professionals only.  Please be aware of that if you are
volunteering as a student participant.

Thank you all for the great work so far.  Let’s keep working together to
make it a great conference again this year.

Aimin Wang

MWERA 2015 Vice President & Program Chair

MWERA (www.mwera.org)
c/o Gordon Brooks, Executive Director
PO Box 702, Athens, OH 45701
mwera.ed at gmail.com