[Mathregionals] FW: UG Travel Fund: It's Back.....

Eisworth, Todd eisworth at ohio.edu
Fri May 24 11:25:40 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Passing along this bit of news.  If you've got an undergraduate who is engaged in research, then this is an opportunity to apply for travel funding for them.

Best,

Todd

Subject: UG Travel Fund: It's Back.....

Dear all
We are very pleased that we have procured funding through the university and Advancement to reinstate the UG Travel Fund.
Funds are available immediately and through FY20.

Guidelines:  www.ohio.edu/research/funding.cfm<http://www.ohio.edu/research/funding.cfm>

Eligibility:

*         All undergraduate students currently enrolled at Ohio University are eligible for the awards.

*         Students may only receive one award per year.

*         Note, due to limited funding, we will only fund up to four applicants per conference or venue.

Proposal: The proposal should be concise and to the point, but must include:

*         The project title, authors and abstract (or equivalent submission materials) as submitted to the conference.

*         The name, locations and dates of the conference or event.

*         A statement detailing how the student expects this opportunity will enhance his/her career (no more than ½ page).

*         A statement from the student's mentor indicating that the materials being presented and the venue are appropriate (a few sentences is acceptable).

*         A budget and justification for the travel expenses to be incurred (including transportation, lodging, and registration). Professional membership in a society is not covered even if required for attendance.

*         Student PID number

Budget/Payments:  All travel must be booked through Concur as per university policy. Therefore recipients must work with department administrators to expense their award.

Reporting: All students receiving travel awards are expected to write a brief report/essay detailing the benefits of the experience within four months of completion of travel. Acceptable formats include a narrative statement, blog, or photo essay.

If there are any questions, please let me know.
Thanks,
Carma

Carma West
Grant Development Coordinator