[Latino Student Union OU] LSU Minutes

Mahomar, Natalie nm313611 at ohio.edu
Mon Apr 1 21:18:49 EDT 2013

04/01/2013
LSU Minutes
Start Time: 5:08 pm

President:

  *   International Street Fair is on April 20th 11-5pm, set up starts at 9 AM. April 3rd and 10th the health department meetings will take place at 7:00 in Baker 231. Everyone that is making food has to come to both meetings. We will be checking the prices for the food that we decide to sell this week and we will have more information next monday. April 12th - license applications are due for the ATHENS/City/County health department to sell food.$50
  *   OLA Blood drive tables will be on the top of baker on Wednesday and Friday from 10-2pm. The actual blood drive is on April 8th from 2-8pm at Ping Fitness Center.
  *   T-shirts are in!

- Joan Zelaya: There is a possibility to get Sandra Guzman (former editor of Latina magazine) to come and speak here at OU! We might have the chance to be co-sponsors with other organizations to bring her as a guest speaker. More information will be provided later on.

Vice President:
Community service:
- Athens Beautification day on April 14th, register with LSU if you want to participate.
- ://www.athensstudentaction.org/<http://www.athensstudentaction.org/>

Treasurer:
Account balance: 146.15 (it will be higher when some dues are added)
Fundraiser Idea: Sell "Malley's"  candy bars outside of baker. (we will probably do this next semester)

New Business:

  *   LSU social on April 4th, Thursday at Riverpark (Sarah's apartment) at 7:30 pm
  *   We will have a fundraiser Saturday, April 6th from 10:00 pm to 2:00 am we will be selling brownies on court street for Mom's weekend. We will bake in Gaby's house saturday afternoon.

End Time: 5:56 pm