[Latino Student Union OU] Speaker

Rodriguez, Erika er113108 at ohio.edu
Tue May 17 12:04:47 EDT 2011

Hola!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I just wanted to let you guys know about a speaker this evening:

Dr. Volk Lecture
Times: 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
May 17, 2011

Historian Steven Volk of Oberlin College will give a talk entitled, "Living with History, Memory, and Nostalgia: How Chile Shaped Me" on Tuesday, May 17 at 7:00 pm in Walter Hall 145. He will discuss his experiences in Chile during and after the 1973 coup d¿état. Drawing from his expertise as a professional historian, Dr. Volk will present a uniquely personal narrative, offering an academic event that will attract those who are interested in history, Latin American and International Studies, and human rights more broadly. A small reception will be held following his presentation where the audience will have the opportunity to engage him beyond the Q&A section.

Campus: Athens
Location: Walter 145

It should be very interesting to hear his experiences from abroad and I encourage you all to attend! I will be there and hope to see some familiar faces :)

Hasta Luego,

Erika Rodriguez
Ohio University, Spanish Education Major
Latin American Studies
Zeta Gamma Chapter of Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority Inc.
Secretary, Latino Student Union
Secretary, Multicultural Greek Council