[Latino Student Union OU] Minutes 1-26-2011

Rodriguez, Erika er113108 at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 26 19:43:05 EST 2011

Here are the minutes from today's meeting.

Latino Student Union

January 26, 2011

  1.  Call to order at 7:11 p.m.

  2.  Attendance

     *   Erika, Sebastian, Mike, Gabi, Hector, Jaffet, Antonio, Delianny, James, Scott, Yesenia

  3.  Exec. Board Reports

     *   President

     *   Vice President

        *   Mike can go on the Ohio website and look for community service.

        *   We also need to change who is on the list to reserve rooms in Baker.

     *   Treasurer

        *   Hector will attend the SAC meeting tomorrow.

           *   2 SAC packs are needed

              *   1 for Cinco De Mayo

              *   1 for Save the Children

        *   He will also look into getting flags for the t-shirts so people need to pay for them if they want one.

     *   Secretary

  4.  Old Business

     *   Recruitment

        *   Banner- will be done next quarter.

     *   Hot chocolate sale

        *   Tuesday, February 1st, 2011

           *   from 8:00a.m.-12:00p.m.

        *   Sebastian needs to check if we need permission to sell it.

        *   Everyone will get hot chocolate from the dining halls.

        *   We just need to buy cups and something to keep the hot chocolate warm.

  5.  New Business

     *   Save the Children

        *   We can do it next quarter.

     *   Salsa/Dance Lessons

        *   Mike will reserve the multi-purpose room

        *   The instructor is available

     *   Cinco de Mayo

        *   We need to get permission to get food catered from someone else.

           *   Nachos and Salsa

           *   Drinks/ Margaritas

        *   Maybe we could have a contest

           *   Taquito eating contest

           *   We need a prize and a registration fee.

           *   Could be points for Greek Week

              *   10 burritos

                 *   1 for each representative of each organization.

        *   Next week Sebastian will have things finalized.

        *   It will happen on Thursday May 5th , 2011

           *   Theme of Greek Week is Battle of the Bands

           *   We could possibly have the salsa instructor, Autumn, speak about different styles of dancing and her traveling experiences.

           *   She will show about three or 4 styles of dancing.

        *   Everything will be happening at one time: Dancing, Instructor, Entertainment, Food

        *   We will be good with just collaborating with MGC and not UPC.

        *   Scott will put down LSU as a Co-Sponsor.

     *   Smarter than a fifth grader

        *   Sebastian will try to get UPC involved.

     *   Casa has latin music on Fridays.

     *   LSU social

        *   Saturday, February 5th, 2011

  6.  Open Floor