[Latino Student Union OU] Anybody interested?

Osorio, Sebastian so333707 at ohio.edu
Fri Jan 21 16:49:55 EST 2011

________________________________
From: oucsweekly at googlegroups.com [oucsweekly at googlegroups.com] on behalf of Community Service [oucommunityservice at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 4:57 PM
To: OUCSWeekly at googlegroups.com
Subject: [Community Service Update: 8] OU Community Service Volunteer Opportunities Update!

Hello,

You received this message because you are subscribed to our weekly service
updates. Below are some service opportunities taking place from January 19 through 26.

-----------------------------

Tornado Relief Demolition Project
When:   Saturday, 1/11 from 9am-1pm
Description:  Volunteers are need to help level two mobile homes destroyed by the tornado last fall.  Please be prepared to get dirty and engage in physical activity outdoors.
Where:  You can sign up to volunteer at www.ohio.edu/communityservice/bobcat-donation-vacation.cfm<http://www.ohio.edu/communityservice/bobcat-donation-vacation.cfm>
Contact:  Kelli Shultz at ks18009 at ohio.edu<mailto:ks18009 at ohio.edu>

OU Service Ambassadors Project Information Sessions
When:  Monday, 1/24 at 12:30 p.m. & Wednesday, 1/26 at 5 p.m.
Description: Volunteers are currently being recruited to launch this new project!  Student volunteers will become a resource for other students, student service organizations and faculty regarding various aspects of volunteering in and around Athens including Appalachian culture, leading service projects, and becoming involved with community organizations & projects.
Where:  Baker Center Rm 233 (Mon) & Rm 236 (Wed)
Contact:  Jessica Harlin  at Jessica_Harlin at yahoo.com<mailto:Jessica_Harlin at yahoo.com>

JETHRO Project
When: Every Tuesday & Thursday until March 10
Where: Grace Christian Center 9322 Johnson Rd, Athens, OH
Description: This is an after school youth mentoring program for middle school students. Volunteers are need as mentors and to help prep, cook and clean up after a light meal.
Contact: Marlo Tinkham - 740-594-3700

-----------------------------

Alternative Spring Break Trip US-Mexico Border - Info session
When:  Info session Wed., Jan 26 at 7 p.m.
Where:  United Campus Ministries
Description:  This is an info session regarding travel with UCM and Borderlinks.org over OU's spring break week (March 19-27) to learn about issues of immigration, community formation, development, and social justice in the borderlands between Mexico, the U.S. and beyond.
Contact:  Minister Evan Young at ucmevan at frognet.net<mailto:ucmevan at frognet.net> for details.

-----------------------------

That's all that we have listed so far for this week! Be sure to check  our service page for the recurring events that we have listed as well: https://sites.google.com/site/oucsservicepage/<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=https://sites.google.com/site/oucsservicepage/&usg=AFQjCNHGCFAxSbHeFWmPo4nmJ6eu6jWgNw>

Also, check our website for opportunities to assist in the Tornado Relief Efforts: http://www.ohio.edu/communityservice/Tornado-Relief-Effort.cfm<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.ohio.edu/communityservice/Tornado-Relief-Effort.cfm&usg=AFQjCNGedbd1pf1etOGT0rwdrJvuooEzLw>

Learn about and sign up for this weekend's project of the week at: http://www.ohio.edu/communityservice/Project-of-the-Week.cfm<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.ohio.edu/communityservice/Project-of-the-Week.cfm&usg=AFQjCNFZ3p-ZzpzVcfJotYvzYnpuruDT2w>

If you have a friend who would also like to receive these updates, have them fill out the form here: https://sites.google.com/site/oucsservicepage/weekly-e-mails<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=https://sites.google.com/site/oucsservicepage/weekly-e-mails&usg=AFQjCNHonZjE5ZqKZiilNLoJgQfQGmyhbQ>

Yours in service,
Diane Estes
Community Service Co-Coordinator
oucommunityservice at gmail.com<mailto:oucommunityservice at gmail.com>
http://ohio.edu/communityservice<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://ohio.edu/communityservice&usg=AFQjCNFAR5PwPY-GBugZ2H7H_ZAkYQQy4Q>
--
The Campus Involvement Center Community Service Contacts: Please send us any questions you may have!
Lisa Nelson; Graduate Assistant

Creating Community, Cultivating Leaders.
www.ohio.edu/communityservice<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=www.ohio.edu/communityservice&usg=AFQjCNFfsTc7T3kTCPNhE2OcQFG9uFtmsQ>
Baker University Center 339
740-593-4007*