[Latino Student Union OU] Minutes

Rodriguez, Erika er113108 at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 4 19:49:54 EDT 2010

Latino Student Union

November 4th, 2010

  1.  Call to order at 7:10 pm

  2.  Attendance: Jaffet, Delianny, Andi, Hector, Antonio, Eduardo, Sebastian, Mike

  3.  Reports

  4.  Old Business

     *   Speaker November 11th- Father Jesús

        *   8pm in Bentley 132

     *   Saving the Children

        *   Delianny is waiting for a reply

        *   $10 per month to sponser a child

     *   Quesadilla sale reminder

        *   November 12th- Next friday

        *   10pm-2am

           *   10:00- Andi, Sebastian, Antonio, Jaffet

           *   11:00-Delianny, Alex W, Eduardo

           *   12:00-Gabi, Mike, Delianny

           *   1:00- Emily, Erika, Hector

        *   Delianny will bring Margarita mix

        *   Someone needs to get the permit to sell them!

           *   Sebastian told Vicente to.

     *   Selling Hot Chocolate in Baker

        *   Week one or two of next quarter

     *   Sebastian talked to UPC about collaborating the salsa dancing lessons

        *   5th or 6th week

        *   Ideas for where to have it: Grover, Walter, Baker Theater

           *   Jaffet will try to get the Baker theater.

     *   Cinco De Mayo

        *   UPC to collaborate with us.

        *   We want to people to come and stay rather than just eat and leave

     *   T-shirts

        *   Eduardo paid dues and t-shirt money.

        *   LSU owes Erika and Hector $4

     *   Date Auctioning

  5.  New Business

     *   Andi will check out new community service.

     *   Another social/potluck

        *   Next quarter

     *   Recruitment Ideas

        *   Don't have to be Latino/Hispanic

        *   Talk about it in Spanish classes

        *   Bring it up/promote at OURS

        *   Collaborate with the minority community.

           *   BSU/UPC

     *   Fiesta Latina on Saturday at Jackie-O's

     *   Goals for next quarter/year

        *   Get our name out there/make ourselves more visible on campus.\

        *   Punctuality needs to improve.

        *   We all need to commit and be more serious about the organization.

        *   Try to get everyone to show up to the meetings weekly.

           *   Attendance sheet- if you miss a certain amount of meetings you may be excluded from certain events.

     *   Discussion

        *   Puerto Rico

           *   Where did Reggaeton originate?

        *   Next meeting: food/recipes

           *   Experiences from other countries for the following week.

  6.  Meeting Adjourned 7:49