[ITSA] CFP Playful Learning - Ohio

Seann Dikkers sdikkers at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 13:48:05 EST 2015

[image: PL Banner.png]

We are pleased to invite you to submit a proposal for the* 2nd
Annual Playful Learning Summit* at OhioUniversity, in beautiful Athens, OH
on Friday, May, 8th, 2015.
​Share
 your expertise in using playfullearning strategies, resources, and
pedagogy for teaching and learning.

The Playful Learning Summit brings together creativity, play, and
​ ​
research
​ ​
for educators, designers and scholars exploring playful approaches to
teaching and learning across contexts. In our first year we welcomed
leading researchers, K12 teachers, park and museum curators, publishers,
librarians, game designers, and some guy named Eugene. Join us this year as
we continue the conversation, share tested ideas, and generally mingle.

​​Inside the box?

The Playful Learning Summit seeks to connect educators who share a passion
for engaging andplayful classroom practices. This year we are focusing on
what happens 'inside the box' of learningplayfully. As we design, research,
and teach we are continually looking for meaningful feedback,
understanding, and user experiences. There are many ways to seek this out.
Together, we are asking questions that will bring us closer: How do I know
students are learning? What do we look for? What helps us to measure the
effectiveness, appropriateness, and potency of our playful learning spaces?

​
Session/Presentation Options​

We encourage you to submit a presentation in any of the following formats
to share and join thePlayful Learning community with your experiences and
knowledge.

   -

   Investigator (15 Min) -  Encourage everyone to
   ​'​
   sit awhile and listen
   ​' (a Deckard Cain reference)​
   . Bring your best research and unveil your discoveries.
   ​ We'll be grouping you with other scholars around themes, so plan to
   stay afterward and meet new colleagues. ​

   -

   Craftsperson (45 Min) - Share your mastery in a tool or application for
   playful learning in a workshop showing others how to use it.
   ​ Consider how this tool may be applied to K12 learning spaces and
   content areas.

   -

   Charmer (45 Min) - Tell a tale of classroom adventures and glory. Submit
   a presentation to spread your teaching across the land.

   -

   Tinkerer (Showcase over lunch)- During lunch we will invite posters and
   table top demonstrations of new research, design, or classroom ideas.

   -

   Engineer (All day​,* arcade)​*

   Craft and build new digital adventures. Bring your games to the Game
   Arcade for sharing, playtesting, or just good fun.

All submissions are considered, but we invite you to contribute within the
following themes:

   -

   Theme 1: Investigations on innovative teaching, research design, or
   repurposing games for learning.
   -

   Theme 2: Games or classroom practices that showcase playful learning.
   -

   Theme 3: Developing games that stimulate creativity and learning
   ​ in informal settings​
   .

<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/120BwE62G3k8ORbGIxtUpkFb5QTpg4mGGYyvsmhUHBFg/viewform>

Visit us at  www.interactivelearningconference.com
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/120BwE62G3k8ORbGIxtUpkFb5QTpg4mGGYyvsmhUHBFg/viewform>

Directors:

Audra Hilterbran     email: hilterbr at ohio.edu        <hilterbr at ohio.edu>

Dr. Seann Dikkers    email: dikkers at ohio.edu

Important Dates:

Registration Opens/Call for Papers: January 26th, 2015

Proposal Submission Deadline:        February 28th, 2015

Decisions Announced:                       March 13th, 2015

Early bird registration ends:              March 22nd, 2015

Playful Learning Summit:                   May 8th, 2015

<https://commerce.cashnet.com/cashnetc/selfserve/BrowseCatalog.aspx>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/120BwE62G3k8ORbGIxtUpkFb5QTpg4mGGYyvsmhUHBFg/viewform>

--
Seann M. Dikkers, PhD
Assistant Professor, Educational Studies

Playful Learning - Ohio @
http://www.interactivelearningconference.com/proposal.html
Gaming Matter Research Group @ http://www.gamingmatter.com

388 McCracken Hall