[ITSA] Fwd: [gls] GLS Doctoral Consortium applications due in a week!

Seann Dikkers sdikkers at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 08:56:43 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Caro Williams <chair at glsconference.org>
Date: Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Subject: [gls] GLS Doctoral Consortium applications due in a week!
To: GLS <gls at lists.wisc.edu>

Please spread the below info far and wide!

Caro

Caroline C. Williams
Co-Chair - Games+Learning+Society Conference
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Conference:  www.glsconference.org
Center:  www.gameslearningsociety.org
Twitter:  @GLScenter

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Caro Williams <chair at glsconference.org>wrote:

> The Games+Learning+Society Doctoral Consortium offers select graduate
> students the opportunity for valuable career advice and critical feedback
> on their scholarship. Graduate students working on their dissertations will
> receive feedback on their research trajectories, publishing advice from
> successful authors and journal editors, and timely information about the
> job search from early career scholars who have recently been on the market.
> They will also have the opportunity to build new peer relationships and
> potential collaborations with other graduate students who are part of the
> consortium.
>
> THE APPLICATION PROCESS
> To apply, please send a 2-page CV and a 1000-word prospectus (excluding
> references) describing the (1) goals of your research project, (2) research
> question(s), (3) background & theoretical frame, (4) methodology, (5)
> current status of your project, and a (6) description of the topics that
> you would like to address at the doctoral consortium.
>
> This prospectus should be saved in PDF format and emailed to
> chair at glsconference.org.
>
> APPLICATIONS ARE DUE ON MARCH 22, 2014.
> Notification emails will be sent April 15, 2014.
> The Doctoral Consortium will take place immediately prior to the GLS
> Conference, on June 10, 2014, in Madison, Wisconsin.
> http://glsconference.org/2014/doctoral-consortium
>
> The GLS Doctoral Consortium is free to accepted participants, and we are
> delighted to announce that accepted participants will also have their GLS
> Conference registration fees comped!
>
> Good luck to you all!
>
> Questions about the DC or the application process? Contact the DC
> Co-Chairs, Alecia Magnifico, at alecia.magnifico at unh.edu and Ben Devane,
> at benjamin-devane at uiowa.edu.
>
> Caro
>
> Caroline C. Williams
> Co-Chair - Games+Learning+Society Conference
> University of Wisconsin - Madison
> Conference:  www.glsconference.org
> Center:  www.gameslearningsociety.org
> Twitter:  @GLScenter

--- <br>You are currently subscribed to gls as: sdikkers at gmail.com. <br>To
unsubscribe click here:
https://lists.wisc.edu/u?id=19244976.7b9ebaa71c4f748ba18de7278f0a3b16&n=T&l=gls&o=34636876orsend
a blank email to
leave-34636876-19244976.7b9ebaa71c4f748ba18de7278f0a3b16 at lists.wisc.edu

--
Seann M. Dikkers, PhD
Assistant Professor, Educational Studies

388 McCracken Hall
Dept. Educational Studies
Athens, OH 45701

Gaming Matter @ http://www.gamingmatter.com