[ITSA] Fwd: Graduate Student Orientation

Seann Dikkers sdikkers at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 13:52:38 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Matta, Usha* <mattau at ohio.edu>
Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Subject: Graduate Student Orientation
To: "Matta, Usha" <mattau at ohio.edu>, "Vickers, Timothy" <vickerst at ohio.edu>

Dear Graduate Chairs, Program Contacts, and Associate Deans,

We hope that your summer is going well. The annual Graduate Student
Orientation will be held on Thursday, August 21, 2014 from 9:30 am to 5 pm
at the Baker Center. The format will be the same as in the past, with the
morning welcome session from 9:30 am to noon, a break for lunch from noon
to 1:00 pm, breakout sessions from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm, and employment
paperwork from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. As the event draws closer, we will post
the schedule on our website. The breakout sessions in the past have focused
on Blackboard, Blackboard for Teaching Assistants, Library Information,
Ohio Residency information, Thesis and Dissertation services, Grants and
Fellowships, etc. For reference, I have attached a flier from last year’s
orientation.

The TA Orientation will take place on Tuesday, August 19th, 2014. The event
begins at 8:30 am and ends at 3:00 pm. The International Teaching
Assistants Orientation will be held from 3:00pm to 5:00 pm. Both of these
events will be held in the Baker Center Ball Room. For more information,
please contact Tim Vickers (vickerst at ohio.edu
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','vickertst at ohio.edu');>)

The ISFS (International Student and Faculty Services) office will host
their orientation for graduate students on August 15th, 2014. Please check
their website for more information about it, http://www.ohio.edu/isfs/

Towards the end of this month, we will send emails to all admitted students
to inform them about graduate student orientation. It will be helpful if
you can please encourage your students to attend this very informative
event. If you have any questions or concerns or would like any other
information, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you and have a good day.

Usha

Usha Matta, Ph.D.

Associate Director, Graduate Student Services

Graduate College, Ohio University,

Research and Technology Center 220, 1 Ohio University

Athens OH 45701-2979

T: 740-593-0419

F: 740-593-4625

--
Seann M. Dikkers, PhD
Assistant Professor, Educational Studies

388 McCracken Hall
Dept. Educational Studies
Athens, OH 45701

Gaming Matter Research Group @ http://www.gamingmatter.com